Windows 10: Touchpad doesn't deactivate

Discus and support Touchpad doesn't deactivate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I installed the new Win 10 home and now I'm unable to deactivate the touchpad. I tried to fix it in system controls and of course by "alt+F9" but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CSJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. CSJ
    CSJ Win User

Touchpad doesn't deactivate

Hey,
    I installed the new Win 10 home and now I'm unable to deactivate the touchpad. I tried to fix it in system controls and of course by "alt+F9" but nothing works... or elseway, it still works.

Can anybody help?

Thanks *Smile

:)

2. Eratic cursor

You're probably brushing over the touchpad with your palm without noticing it. Deactivating the touchpad will solve the problem.

Frederik Long, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Alt+tab no longer works with drag-and-drop

Hello! I had the same problem. My problem was a "great" function of my Lenovo Trackpad (it is in fact an Elan Smart-Pad) because the trackpad deactivates itself automatical if I am typing on the keyboard. For disabling it follow these steps:

WIN + I > Devices > Mouse + Touchpad > Additional mouse options > last register "ThinkPad" > Settings (for the touchpad, not the trackpoint of course) > Additional > TP-Deactivation > uncheck

(I translated it from German to English, maybe it doesn't match 100%)

This solution fixed it for me, I hope it will help someone.

--Tom

helpingTom, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Visit manufacturer's site and update the touchpad driver. You may also have to go to utilities and download the Quick Launcher (or similar). This is the one that enables the key combinations. If you haven't that installed, you cannot deactivate the touchpad to do other key combinations.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  5. CSJ
    CSJ Win User
    Hey, thanks for the answer, but i did try already to download newest driver and it said it would already be the newest update...
    About the key combinations launcher,... i didnt try that yet, but wouldn't it be impossible to use the other key combinations. Because they do work...

6. spapakons Win User
    Some (volume, brightness etc) may work without the Launcher. Others need the Launcher to work.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  7. CSJ
    CSJ Win User
    OK, Thank you *Smile In fact every other combination works, except the activation.^^ but i did find an other way, by deactivating it "manually" in the mouse options. I will try later to find this Launcher thing *Smile

Thema:

1. Touchpad doesn't deactivate - Similar Threads - Touchpad doesn't deactivate

2. how do i deactivate my touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i deactivate my touchpad: While I'm typing I accidentally touch the touchpad, which moves the cursor somewhere else. How do i de-activate the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-deactivate-my-touchpad/ebc6d4ba-48d0-4fa3-b482-fad20f1c1f1c
  3. how do i deactivate my touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i deactivate my touchpad: While I'm typing I accidentally touch the touchpad, which moves the cursor somewhere else. How do i de-activate the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-deactivate-my-touchpad/ebc6d4ba-48d0-4fa3-b482-fad20f1c1f1c
  4. how do i deactivate my touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. deactivating laptop touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deactivating laptop touchpad: I have an ASUS X555Q, but found no option to deactivate the built-in touchpad. There is an option to uninstall the device. Is that the only way available to get away from an active touchpad for this ASUS laptop? Win10 operating system...
  6. deactivating laptop touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deactivating laptop touchpad: I have an ASUS X555Q, but found no option to deactivate the built-in touchpad. There is an option to uninstall the device. Is that the only way available to get away from an active touchpad for this ASUS laptop? Win10 operating system...
  7. deactivating laptop touchpad

8. Touchpad driver doesn't exist

Touchpad driver doesn't exist: Hello. I bought a new laptop and the touchpad driver doesn't exist. These are the drivers that I have, and it only shows the mouse I connected. [ATTACH] Also, when I remove the mouse, the pointer and the driver disappears. Then, when I tried to download the driver from...
  9. Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes: Hi, Lately i ve been facing an issue with my touchpad. When i turn on the laptop the touchpad doesn't works, when i check in Device manager under synaptics driver it says it is not present. But when i restart my laptop for times it starts working. And sometimes it stops...
  10. automatic deactivation of touchpad on unplugging the laptop

automatic deactivation of touchpad on unplugging the laptop: whenever I unplug my notebook the touchpad of my notebook disables itself automatically, which is pretty annoying. It doesn't matter if a mouse is connected or not. The disabeling seems to be connected to the unplugging. before Windows 10 it wasn't like that....