Windows 10: Touchpad doesn't deactivate

Discus and support Touchpad doesn't deactivate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I installed the new Win 10 home and now I'm unable to deactivate the touchpad. I tried to fix it in system controls and of course by "alt+F9" but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CSJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. CSJ
    CSJ Win User

Touchpad doesn't deactivate

Hey,
    I installed the new Win 10 home and now I'm unable to deactivate the touchpad. I tried to fix it in system controls and of course by "alt+F9" but nothing works... or elseway, it still works.

Can anybody help?

Thanks *Smile

:)

2. Eratic cursor

You're probably brushing over the touchpad with your palm without noticing it. Deactivating the touchpad will solve the problem.

Frederik Long, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Alt+tab no longer works with drag-and-drop

Hello! I had the same problem. My problem was a "great" function of my Lenovo Trackpad (it is in fact an Elan Smart-Pad) because the trackpad deactivates itself automatical if I am typing on the keyboard. For disabling it follow these steps:

WIN + I > Devices > Mouse + Touchpad > Additional mouse options > last register "ThinkPad" > Settings (for the touchpad, not the trackpoint of course) > Additional > TP-Deactivation > uncheck

(I translated it from German to English, maybe it doesn't match 100%)

This solution fixed it for me, I hope it will help someone.

--Tom

helpingTom, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Visit manufacturer's site and update the touchpad driver. You may also have to go to utilities and download the Quick Launcher (or similar). This is the one that enables the key combinations. If you haven't that installed, you cannot deactivate the touchpad to do other key combinations.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  5. CSJ
    CSJ Win User
    Hey, thanks for the answer, but i did try already to download newest driver and it said it would already be the newest update...
    About the key combinations launcher,... i didnt try that yet, but wouldn't it be impossible to use the other key combinations. Because they do work...

6. spapakons Win User
    Some (volume, brightness etc) may work without the Launcher. Others need the Launcher to work.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
  7. CSJ
    CSJ Win User
    OK, Thank you *Smile In fact every other combination works, except the activation.^^ but i did find an other way, by deactivating it "manually" in the mouse options. I will try later to find this Launcher thing *Smile

Thema:

1. Touchpad doesn't deactivate - Similar Threads - Touchpad doesn't deactivate

2. deactive blutooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deactive blutooth: Hi The Bluetooth power-off button goes off every now and then, and Bluetooth devices are cut off! Please help fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deactive-blutooth/66c44e48-994a-4910-95a5-e27b188b24e1
  3. Windows Deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Deactivated: I am using Windows 10 pro.My windows suddenly deactivated itself few weeks ago and a notification keeps appearing. When I troubleshoot it, it says it cannot activate my version of windows. when I click change product key and enter my product key, an error message appears...
  4. Touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 1903

Touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 1903: I updated to the latest 1903 build (18362) from an iso file downloaded from Microsoft website. The upgrade ran smoothly. After everything is completed, I installed the latest updates from Windows Update. Then I noticed that scolling with touchpad doesn't work at all in Start...
  5. How to disable touchpad in Windows 10 - touchpad doesn't appear in device manager, etc.

How to disable touchpad in Windows 10 - touchpad doesn't appear in device manager, etc.: Hi, I've a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I wish to disable my touchpad, since I have a USB mouse, and the touchpad interferes with my typing by moving the cursor. I have tried lots of things, but the problem is my computer does not seem to provide me with...
  6. Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work: I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to reinstall and update drivers...
  7. Touchpad doesn't show anything that I can configure

Touchpad doesn't show anything that I can configure: Split from this thread. Hi, I have this issue whereby the touchpad doesn't show anything that I can re-configure its system: [ATTACH] --> I cannot activate my three-fingers, 4-fingers multi touch anymore. How can I re-activate that features?...
  8. Account deactivation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account deactivation: I created a second Microsoft Account and want to delete the first one. How can I do this? There is no link to click on to let me deactivate the first account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-deactivation/4046aaed-3813-4de1-8fb8-3011b27e4bfb
  9. right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work: would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10. 41118
  10. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Right click doesn't work on touchpad: I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled. 73935