Windows 10: Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key

Discus and support Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've just noticed this strange behaviour on my Razer 2019 Advanced When I press any key and move my cursor it won't do anything for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Still_SpringWater, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key

Hey guys, I've just noticed this strange behaviour on my Razer 2019 Advanced

When I press any key and move my cursor it won't do anything for the first half second to a second (time interval differs from case to case). It's the same behaviour with all keys except F keys and Ctrl/Alt/Shift.

It's really annoying the shit out of me because I need spacebar + click + drag to move about in a lot of software I'm using.

I've found people having trouble with Touchpad Delay on HP laptops but I'm on a Razer laptop with a fairly fresh Win10 install so afaik no HP drivers in sight.

Anyone experienced something similar and can help?

submitted by /u/Still_SpringWater
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Still_SpringWater, Apr 9, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 9, 2021
  3. My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

Hi Lizzy

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key

Touchpad lock while pressing keys on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key

1. Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key - Similar Threads - Touchpad doesn't sec

2. Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key: No.1Touchpad Doesn't Work When I Hold Or Click a KeyNo.2I Can't Experience The Stuff I Work On Because Of ItNo.3I Brought A Mouse Instead Of The Touchpad But I Need The Touchpad Since It Has More FeaturesTell Me How To Fix, Stuff I Don't Have:PalmcheckMy PC:Edition Windows 10...
  3. Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key: No.1Touchpad Doesn't Work When I Hold Or Click a KeyNo.2I Can't Experience The Stuff I Work On Because Of ItNo.3I Brought A Mouse Instead Of The Touchpad But I Need The Touchpad Since It Has More FeaturesTell Me How To Fix, Stuff I Don't Have:PalmcheckMy PC:Edition Windows 10...
  4. Touchpad stops working temporarily when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad stops working temporarily when key is pressed: When I press a key and try to use the touchpad simultaneously the touchpad keeps stopping. I assume this is some sort of palm rejection but I have spent like an hour following every single tutorial I could find but none solve my problem. The settings in the tutorials just do...
  5. To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec: While starting windows i got above message everytime how to solve this/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-skip-disk-checking-press-any-key-within-8-sec/3945e584-5cbe-4656-8d3a-3d69f9e02f53
  6. Touchpad unusable when key pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad unusable when key pressed: Can't move cursor when a key is pressed. I use Elan touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-unusable-when-key-pressed/59c34dcd-0633-4ee6-b30a-5e64e2c1f356
  7. Touchpad Buttons/Taps do not work when a key is pressed

Touchpad Buttons/Taps do not work when a key is pressed: So, I used to have the cursor not working when a key is pressed but I fixed that problem by registry in another form. But then I am having that the taps/buttons are not working. I need it for gaming. Is there any way to fix this problem? It is annoying. I have a Lenovo...
  8. Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes: Hi, Lately i ve been facing an issue with my touchpad. When i turn on the laptop the touchpad doesn't works, when i check in Device manager under synaptics driver it says it is not present. But when i restart my laptop for times it starts working. And sometimes it stops...
  9. Pressing the start button doesn't work after update

Pressing the start button doesn't work after update: Hello everyone, I have recently updated to Windows 10 2004 a bit of a late update because I have been also struggling with getting the update to go through for the past 6 months. It finally worked after a clean reinstall of the Windows. Ever since the update I can not bring...
  10. After Updating Windows 10 Laptop Hangs After Pressing a certain key/Touchpad not working

After Updating Windows 10 Laptop Hangs After Pressing a certain key/Touchpad not working: I encountered a bit of a problem that seems to be the same in a bit different ways. First a Lenovo Ideapad laptop after updating to Windows 10 1803 edition hangs every time i press the CTRL button, the system is still responsive but you can't do anything anymore, keyboard or...