Windows 10: Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

Discus and support Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Lately i ve been facing an issue with my touchpad. When i turn on the laptop the touchpad doesn't works, when i check in Device manager under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Polepalli Teja, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

Hi,

Lately i ve been facing an issue with my touchpad. When i turn on the laptop the touchpad doesn't works, when i check in Device manager under synaptics driver it says it is not present. But when i restart my laptop for times it starts working.

And sometimes it stops working randomly during my work. I have tried all the possible ways, one thing i know is it is not harware issue.

So, my question is whether this can be solved by reinstalling windows 10?

Thanks,

Teja

:)

Polepalli Teja, Jan 3, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 3, 2021
  3. My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

Hi Lizzy

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Lizzy_843 Win User

Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

I cant find this On that page 2 touchpad device drivers (Symantec and Elan) are listed, try installing each of those, only the correct one will install, the other one will refuse to install on the link pls give me further instructions im frustrated
    cause nothings working and its not fair. the website doesn't show whatever your saying so pls send me a link with eaxclty where im supposed t go im only 14 and im not very smart I JUST NEED HELP!!!

Lizzy_843, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes

1. Touchpad Doesn't work sometimes - Similar Threads - Touchpad Doesn't sometimes

2. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  3. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  4. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ethernet sometimes doesn't work on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet sometimes doesn't work on startup.: Sometimes whenever I start up my PC my ethernet cable doesn't work and I have to restart my computer for it to connect. Sometimes it takes more than 1 restart. I believe i'm using an old cat6 ethernet cable that around 20 ft long.Inside my event viewer, I saw this warning....
  6. Sometimes the start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes the start button doesn't work: Hello! Sometimes when I click the start button or hit the windows key on my keyboard, nothing happens. The start menu doesn't open, even if I let it sit for several minutes. The only way to get it working again is to shut down/restart (which can be done by right clicking the...
  7. Sound sometimes doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound sometimes doesn't work.: Hi, Sometimes I've got no audio through my speakers. The fix is always to restart the computer, and it works. But about half the time I startup, I've got no sound and need to keep restarting until I've got audio. The drivers seem good, the connection is fine....
  8. Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup: Hi, my bluetooth has been acting very weird. When bluetooth works, it shows up in the notification bar and as expected, it works when paired. But when it doesn't, it disappears from the bar and I have no way to turn it back on unless if i probably do a restart. I have tried...
  9. Picture Application sometimes works , sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Picture Application sometimes works , sometimes doesn't: Hi sometimes when I open an image (.jpg or .png) with the picture application I either got : Picture application open but doesn't show the image (white picture) Picture application doesn't open and 10 sec/15 sec after windows say "the application has not started within the...
  10. Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes CTRL+shift+ up/down works and sometimes it doesn't: using Excel 2016 and sticky keys; do not know if problem is present without sticky keys. Other key shortcuts work fine. This seems to happen after doing a large paste from another spreadsheet. It does not happen every time. 140560