Windows 10: touchpad doesnt work

Discus and support touchpad doesnt work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my touchpad works only intermittently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work/ced3740e-6510-48ae-8581-e91d9a94d1fa Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ravi kadasne, Mar 28, 2023.

1. touchpad doesnt work

my touchpad works only intermittently

:)

ravi kadasne, Mar 28, 2023
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 28, 2023
  4. nxavis9 Win User

touchpad doesnt work

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

touchpad doesnt work

1. touchpad doesnt work - Similar Threads - touchpad doesnt

2. My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode: So i have an Asus Vivobook laptop and all of a sudden, the keyboard and the touchpad wont work in laptop mode, but when i switch to tablet mode, it works fine, i found this out of curiosity because sometimes in tablet mode, i accidentally click my keyboard, and i wanted to...
  3. My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad and keyboard doesnt work in laptop mode: So i have an Asus Vivobook laptop and all of a sudden, the keyboard and the touchpad wont work in laptop mode, but when i switch to tablet mode, it works fine, i found this out of curiosity because sometimes in tablet mode, i accidentally click my keyboard, and i wanted to...
  4. touchpad doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad doesnt work: my touchpad works only intermittently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work/ced3740e-6510-48ae-8581-e91d9a94d1fa
  5. touchpad doesnt work

touchpad doesnt work: my touchpad works only intermittently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work/ced3740e-6510-48ae-8581-e91d9a94d1fa
  6. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  7. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  8. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

9. Click doesnt work on touchpad - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Click doesnt work on touchpad - Windows 10: We have a year old IntelR CoreTM i5-1035G7 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.50 GHz windows 10 machine.A few months ago, you were able to actual click on the touchpad to activate a button or link. BUT recently you have to now tap on the touchpad to activate a button or link.This is also an...
  10. touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down: my touchpad stops moving if I press any key I cant play any games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work-when-i-hold-a-key-down/7ea444e8-a8bb-4619-9585-db7cb13a5c7a