Windows 10: Touchpad Driver missing after update to windows 10 version 20H2

Discus and support Touchpad Driver missing after update to windows 10 version 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi this is Robby, My laptop is Lenovo ideapad C340, and I just update my windows to version 20H2. But I got one issue, the my touchpad is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robby Directions, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Touchpad Driver missing after update to windows 10 version 20H2

Hi this is Robby,

My laptop is Lenovo ideapad C340, and I just update my windows to version 20H2.

But I got one issue, the my touchpad is not working after update.

I have checked the driver, I think it's missing. but if I use mouse it's work.

on "mice and other pointer devices" it's just showed "HID-compliant mouse" there is no driver for touchpad.

I have installed the driver from Lenovo website and it's still not working.

someone can give me a suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks.

:)

Robby Directions, Jan 25, 2021

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 25, 2021
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Vaio 7 Win User

Touchpad Driver missing after update to windows 10 version 20H2

Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

After updating from b. 10240 to 10586.3 ( W 10 x64), Windows installed an older version of Synaptics 19.0.15.2, before I had 19.0.19.1.
    Also now, in Device Manager, it's listed under PS/2 Port touchpad, before it was SmBus.
    Windows Update does no longer provide 19.0.19.1 driver, Why??
    What are the recommended steps to get installed manually the latest Synaptics driver because with the currently installed driver, mouse scrolling does not work for Start menu - All apps, with 19.0.19.1 it used to work.
    Also what is the name of the x64 .inf to use for update synSmbDrv.inf or SynPD.inf??
    Thank you.

Vaio 7, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad Driver missing after update to windows 10 version 20H2

1. Touchpad Driver missing after update to windows 10 version 20H2 - Similar Threads - Touchpad Driver missing

2. Missed Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 Update: Dear MS community,In the Windows Update section, there are updates showing i.e.,1 Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.357.65.02 Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 UpdateThe first issue is Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft...
  3. Missed Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missed Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 Update: Dear MS community,In the Windows Update section, there are updates showing i.e.,1 Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.357.65.02 Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 UpdateThe first issue is Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft...
  4. Missed Windows 10 Version 2004 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Touchpad Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Driver Missing: In the Device Manager there is no touchpad driver on my Surface Pro 7, just a mouse driver.* I have downloaded the driver packages at microsoft, that did nothing* I've checked for updatesThe reason I want to update the driver is that I have a deadspace in the middle of my...
  6. Audio Drivers and Devices Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers and Devices Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update: Hello, After MUCH trial and error and troubleshooting, I still am having audio issues on my Lenovo Thinkpad T420. It began with a red X over my volume button, and I further noticed that my sound devices are missing, and even my speakers both laptop and external do not work....
  7. Touchpad related settings and drivers vanished after windows 10 update to 20H2 version

Touchpad related settings and drivers vanished after windows 10 update to 20H2 version: My Laptop: - Lenovo Ideapad S540 Previous version: - Windows 10 1909 After updating to version 20H2 my touchpad related settings and drivers are vanished. When I recovered to previous windows version it was working absolutely fine. Lenovo support person made me update my...
  8. after Windows 10, version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after Windows 10, version 20H2 update: This windows update made my internet connections go whacky. When I restart nothing, all internet icons have red xs Unplug computer and turn it on again and I have internet. I have tried recovery to a previous startup and undoing update to no avail....
  9. Missing Touchpad Driver after Windows update

Missing Touchpad Driver after Windows update: I installed the windows update about a week ago. I upgraded my windows 1909 to 20H2 but after the update I found that my touchpad ain't working anymore. I tried different methods and downloaded different drivers to regain my touchpad but I can't bring it back. I tried to...
  10. Headphone Driver missing after update for Windows 10, version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone Driver missing after update for Windows 10, version 2004: Please help. After I updated my Windows 10 Software, the headphone driver for my laptop is gone. I've restarted my computer and even tried different headphones, but the laptop just doesn't recognize headphone drivers. I don't know my driver card, and I don't know what to do....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lenovo touchpad driver missing