Windows 10: touchpad driver problem

Discus and support touchpad driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a asus X540UA notebook. i installed the window 10 pro 32 bit but i am not capable to install the touch pad driver. i try so much but i cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raman Gill, Mar 26, 2020.

1. touchpad driver problem

i have a asus X540UA notebook. i installed the window 10 pro 32 bit but i am not capable to install the touch pad driver. i try so much but i cannot get the right one. i want help to proper work of my laptop. please reply me and give the best solution as soon as possible. i shall be thankful.

thanku

:)

Raman Gill, Mar 26, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Touchpad Driver problems

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run and check hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Hardware and devices under Devices.
    • Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)
    • Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the Touchpad drivers from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

a) Press Windows key + R key from the
    Desktop

b) Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

c) Find and double-click on the Touchpad driver to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Reboot your computer.

After uninstalling the Touchpad drivers from the Device Manager, I suggest you to install the latest drivers for your Keyboard and Touchpad from the manufacture and check if it works.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Error 0x80070103 appears when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/952032

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 26, 2020
  4. touchpad driver problem

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

touchpad driver problem

1. touchpad driver problem - Similar Threads - touchpad driver problem

2. Problem with touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with touchpad driver: Till now resetting my laptop, updating driver from official manufacturer's website, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, nothing has worked for me. Sometimes it shows couldn't connect like this, and pointer doesn't appear and trackpad doesn't work.Sometimes it shows...
  3. Problem with touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with touchpad driver: Till now resetting my laptop, updating driver from official manufacturer's website, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, nothing has worked for me. Sometimes it shows couldn't connect like this, and pointer doesn't appear and trackpad doesn't work.Sometimes it shows...
  4. no touchpad driver

no touchpad driver: no touchpad driver in my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-touchpad-driver/b7fb0970-cf83-4e52-8fa7-a0e787f5d167
  5. Problem with ELAN touchpad driver on Windows 11

Problem with ELAN touchpad driver on Windows 11: So I’ve had this problem since the beginning of Windows 10 but I knew my way around and I solved it pretty quickly.Whenever Windows downloads ELAN touchpad driver etd.sys from Windows Update, I get BSOD. I tried to change name of ETD.sys, disable ELAN from services etc BUT...
  6. Touchpad driver!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad driver!: I accidentally deleted my touchpad driver so I installed one from the Lenovo support website but it’s not appearing or working. submitted by /u/Quantum_Marble [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh39yy/touchpad_driver/
  7. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  8. KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem: I posted as a reply to <link> "https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/After-installation-of-Microsoft-update-KB4509478-Synaptics/m-p/7164381#M194726" and wish to bring this symptom to the attention of Microsoft. After installation of Microsoft...
  9. Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!: So i updated my laptop to windows 10 (clean install) and after that update i started downloading drivers and everything went well and good until i tried to install my touchpad drivers because they for some reason are non existant even in device manager. In device manager...
  10. Touchpad and mouse driver problem

Touchpad and mouse driver problem: My mouse and pointing device driver isn't working and I try everything to update it but it don't updated and shows failed to install due to code 10,,,,,I try troubleshoot but didn't update,,,,I have a HP laptop and my touchpad isn't working and I also plug a USB mouse but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshoot touchpad asus x540ua