Windows 10: touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop

Discus and support touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; often when I start my Lenovo laptop the touchpad and pointer is not enabled! as you can imagine trying to get a laptop to do anything without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Linda Jarvis, Dec 30, 2018.

1. touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop

often when I start my Lenovo laptop the touchpad and pointer is not enabled!

as you can imagine trying to get a laptop to do anything without a touchpad is very difficult.

I have tried to get into the touchpad function window via 'settings' arrows, touchpad, arrow/stop key 'advance settings'

this takes ages. I am told the there is a shortcut via Fn function keys.

Fn +F3 Dose not work!! Fn+F8 does not work!!

Can any on tell me the function key shortcut to the 'touchpad advance function enable/disable' window.

So I can stop screaming at my laptop )`:

:)

Linda Jarvis, Dec 30, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 30, 2018
  3. disable touchpad

Hi James,

Touchpad is usually disabled and re-enabled by pressing the Fn and either
    F3 or F9 keys, but that depends on the laptop that you have. Each brand have its own shortcut keys. However, you can disable the touchpad from the Settings page. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices.
    2. In the left pane, click Touchpad.
    3. To completely disable the touchpad, toggle off Touchpad.
    4. If you only want to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, check the box for
      Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Let me know if you need further help so I can assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 30, 2018
  4. touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop

win 10 disable touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

You can disable the touchpad pressing the FN key + (F1 – F10) (check the laptop user manual to find the Disable/enable touchpad function key).

You can also disable the touchpad using Device manager. To do so kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Disable".

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop

1. touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - touchpad enable disable

2. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,CTRL/ALT/arrows....flipping my screen sideways and upways.I have tried below registry setting but it doesn't work[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation]"Enable"=dword:00000000Is there anyway it can be disabled? Or if we get the script to...
  3. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,CTRL/ALT/arrows....flipping my screen sideways and upways.I have tried below registry setting but it doesn't work[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation]"Enable"=dword:00000000Is there anyway it can be disabled? Or if we get the script to...
  4. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,I wanted to disable Ctrl + Alt + Up-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Down-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Side-arrows shortcut in windows 10.Is there anyway we can disable the above keys?Below are the system details:Edition Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSCVersion 21H2OS build 19044.3448...
  6. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable hot keys in windows 10: Hi,I wanted to disable Ctrl + Alt + Up-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Down-arrow, Ctrl + Alt + Side-arrows shortcut in windows 10.Is there anyway we can disable the above keys?Below are the system details:Edition Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSCVersion 21H2OS build 19044.3448...
  7. Disable hot keys in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.: Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-enabledisable-hp-laptop-touchpad/6203722d-405c-42c2-b3b5-8894213e6d0d
  9. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. The...
  10. Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?: In June a friend bought a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop running Win 8.1. He particularly dislikes touchpads so uses a mouse. In 8.1 I was able to disable the touchpad for him, via Device Manager. He's now updated to Win 10 and the touchpad has come back to life. I've been trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo disable touchpad shortcut

2. yoga lenovo mousepad hotkey

3. disabling keys on lenovo laptop

4. enable mouse pad on lenovo laptop ultrabook,
  5. lenevo idea pad touch pad unlock,
  6. lenovo yoga 11e touchpad on/off,
  7. disable mouse pad on lenovo laptop,
  8. touch pad enable key,
  9. how to enable hot key lenovo after disable it,
  10. enable hotkeys on a lenovo laptop,
  11. enable hotkeys lenovo,