Windows 10: Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

Discus and support Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx. I upgraded it to windows 1909. Initially everything was fine but suddenly, the trackpad became erratic,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuvidSinghal, May 24, 2020.

1. Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx. I upgraded it to windows 1909. Initially everything was fine but suddenly, the trackpad became erratic, clicking randomly everywhere, freezing, jumping and all sorts of weird movements. I tried updating drivers, it worked fine initially but became the same after sometime. The external mouse is working fine. When I booted into safe mode, or windows recovery environment, the trackpad was absolutely fine. I don't know where is the problem. I installed updated official HP ELAN drivers and updated them using device manager also. But no luck.

Please help me! I can provide more details also...

:)

SuvidSinghal, May 24, 2020
  2. David_167 Win User

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further?

Details:

Today the builtin touchpad started functioning again and I can't remember how I disabled it when I first bought this laptop. I use a USB external mouse that works much better. When this touchpad is enabled, I accidentally touch it while typing and chaos
    ensues.

(Previous thread Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 after Anniversary update did not help.)

David_167, May 24, 2020
  3. David_167 Win User
    Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

The first link should be the key, since it comes from HP, the maker of my laptop.

But it doesn't work, because the rightmost tab of the Mouse Properties dialog box, which should be for the touchpad, has been replaced by the tab for the Logitech Mouse that I use to replace the touchpad.

I've also searched the Registry, and found the control set for the Elan Clickpad device. But there is no key or value to disable it!

The Device Manager has NO options to disable the touchpad, only an option to remove the device. When I select this option and restart the computer, somehow the touchpad device is reinstalled automatically. This has been reported on the Web, with no solutions
    posted.

Also, I found an ELAN Service listed. I stopped this Automatic service and set it to Disabled. That had no effect, even though it remains stopped and disabled.

There is no taskbar icon for the touchpad.

There is no Control Panel icon for the touchpad.

Please do not give up but try again. There must be a solution. A clue is that the touchpad was disabled until today, when it suddenly started working again, I assume due to Microsoft's automagicallywonderful Windows Update feature, which runs sometimes in
    the early hours of the morning when I'm asleep.

David_167, May 24, 2020
  4. Bill_862 Win User

Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

ELAN Driver for touchpad -Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 my ELAN touchpad driver has all but disappeared. This means I cannot remove tap to click feature amongst others. Can anybody suggest a way forward ?

Bill_862, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD

1. Touchpad Erratic after Windows 10 1909 Upgrade ELAN CLICKPAD - Similar Threads - Touchpad Erratic 1909

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue in my HP laptop. I have touchpad with elan drivers after a recent windows 11 update my touchpad got stop working and i having tried everything it's not working but i found a solution that1 Delete Elan Drivers to Microsoft PS2 Drivers2 Restart3...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue in my HP laptop. I have touchpad with elan drivers after a recent windows 11 update my touchpad got stop working and i having tried everything it's not working but i found a solution that1 Delete Elan Drivers to Microsoft PS2 Drivers2 Restart3...
  4. elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update

elan clickpad driver not working properly after windows 10 21H1 update: to whom it may concern my name is Simone and I have an issue with my laptop's touchpad. after updating to windows 10 21H1 it stopped working properly: sometimes it recognises more than one finger touching it as you can see in the dinamic icon and it starts resizing pages due...
  5. Elan Clickpad Stops Working

Elan Clickpad Stops Working: Hi,My PC is an HP Stream 14 running Windows 10 Version 1703. My clickpad stopped working somewhere around October last year, and I've still not found a fix. At first, I thought it was a software issue, so I uninstalled the clickpad's driver, reinstalled it, installed it from...
  6. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  7. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  8. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10: I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further? Details: Today the builtin...
  9. Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode

Elan clickpad stuck in click lock mode: Touchpad is unusable because it seems to be stuck in click lock mode. Sometimes after a restart, it works fine for a while. Maybe a windows update? I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver. I tried uninstalling last few windows updates. Worked for a while, then started...
  10. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64