Windows 10: touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update

Discus and support touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to the April 2018 windows 10 update and since then the features of my touchpad like scrolling with two fingers has been lost. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YamkelaRuneli, Sep 23, 2018.

1. touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update

I recently updated to the April 2018 windows 10 update and since then the features of my touchpad like scrolling with two fingers has been lost. Has anyone encountered the same problem, if so how does one fix it? my laptop= hp

:)

YamkelaRuneli, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Lost touchpad cursor after Windows Update

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're getting this concern is due to system conflicts such as outdated drivers. To better assist you with the touchpad query, we'd like to ask a few questions:

We also suggest that you revive the unresponsive touchpad. To do this, you may check the steps below:

• Open Settings and click Devices.
    • Select Mouse and touchpad option and click Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Select the tab that names your laptop's touchpad, usually named after the brand and the touchpad model.
    • If you don’t see such a tab, go to the tab labeled Device Settings or
      ELAN where you can find your touchpad listed under Devices.
    • Click on the touchpad to select and press the Enable button.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2018
  4. touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update

1. touchpad featurers lost after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - touchpad featurers lost

2. Lost option to disable touchpad after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost option to disable touchpad after update to Windows 10: I'm running an HP Pavilion laptop approx. 2 years old, and after an update in May 2019, I lost the option to disable the touchpad in the Touchpad settings. This is all I see:Tried to find the setting under Mouse, but it wasn't there. I also tried to uninstall the "clickpad"...
  3. Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004

Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1, with Windows 10 64-bit. Yesterday Windows updated itself to the Feature Update version 2004. Problem: After the update, my Elan touchpad stopped working. More precisely, it does not respond to two-finger scroll even if it's enabled in the...
  4. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909: Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has an ELAN touch pad. I tried activating and deactivating the touch pad on/off switch on the keyboard. Also tried to uninstall...
  5. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909: Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has an ELAN touch pad. I tried activating and deactivating the touch pad on/off switch on the keyboard. Also tried to uninstall...
  6. contacts lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contacts lost after windows 10 update: Using BT Yahoo, contacts are not retrieved when typing first name, or letter. This used to work prior to latest Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-lost-after-windows-10-update/6254dce7-7468-4fcd-89a8-38d9ecb6ba9b"
  7. Apps lost after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps lost after Windows 10 update: Went to bed letting the laptop update and this morning he was unable to logon - User profile service has having proboems. After a couple of restarts he managed to logon but most of his icons were missing so he called me His system looks like it has been completely trashed....
  8. Lost touchpad and cursor

Lost touchpad and cursor: Anyone know how to restore touchpad and cursor on windows 10 asus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-touchpad-and-cursor/bbc09351-4d20-4295-9689-81475cc0cbce
  9. TOUCHPAD FEATURE

in Windows 10 Customization
    TOUCHPAD FEATURE: actually my touchpad feature i.e. double tap to right click and other features is not working. how to activate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-feature/d5110eef-ffec-4034-a64e-ac3db6c62b31
  10. Lost Dell Touchpad

Lost Dell Touchpad: I perform a clean installation of windows because thanks to latest windows update I wasn’t able to print with hp deskjet 4546. I choose the custom option when I installed windows 10 pro so now I have windows.old in C: After doing that I realized the touchpad icon on the task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i lost my touchpad mouse after update