Windows 10: Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows

Discus and support Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The touchpad freezes for long periods even after resetting Windows. Looks like a driver problem but I tried installing a previous version from the HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kmint, Jan 24, 2020.

1. kmint Win User

Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows

The touchpad freezes for long periods even after resetting Windows.

Looks like a driver problem but I tried installing a previous version from the HP product page and it doesn't work, it says it can't be installed on this Windows version, whatever that means, so I have to use the last Synaptics driver and it happens totally random and stays frozen for long times. I start touching keys, open the Windows start menu and eventually it will move again but with no know reason.

Any suggestion?

:)

kmint, Jan 24, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 24, 2020
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Laptop Touchpad freezes periodically.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that it was fixed previously by updating the drivers, the issue appears to be with the device driver or the hardware component, I would suggest to look into the Lenovo community thread below where the issue has been discussed
    in detail.

Lenovo B50-80 Touchpad freezing

I would also suggest to check if there are any updates available for the system firmware (BIOS) and the touchpad firmware as mentioned in the link above.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps given in the article below and see if it helps.

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows - Similar Threads - Touchpad freezes resetting

2. Touchpad not working after resetting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after resetting Windows 11: I have recently reset Windows 11 on my Yoga Slim 7 Pro-14ACH5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82MS, however after I reset it I noticed that my touchpad stopped working. I then checked my device manager both default and hidden devices to find my touchpad driver missing.The things that I...
  3. Touchpad not working after resetting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after resetting Windows 11: I have recently reset Windows 11 on my Yoga Slim 7 Pro-14ACH5 Laptop ideapad - Type 82MS, however after I reset it I noticed that my touchpad stopped working. I then checked my device manager both default and hidden devices to find my touchpad driver missing.The things that I...
  4. Windows 11 Touchpad Not working even after factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Touchpad Not working even after factory resetting: On a Lenovo Ideapad 5i pro I recently purchased for my sister, the touchpad randomly stopped working a week later and does not show up. I’ve checked and it’s a code 10 on the I2C HID device. I’ve done everything it said online to do to try in fix it, solutions including...
  5. Windows 11 Touchpad Not working even after factory resetting

Windows 11 Touchpad Not working even after factory resetting: On a Lenovo Ideapad 5i pro I recently purchased for my sister, the touchpad randomly stopped working a week later and does not show up. I’ve checked and it’s a code 10 on the I2C HID device. I’ve done everything it said online to do to try in fix it, solutions including...
  6. PC randomly freezes and restarts even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes and restarts even after factory reset: I have tried updating drivers, clearing the computer's temp files, adjusting virtual memory, repairing system files, running a memory check, running a disk check and resetting the PC deleted all files and programs. Unfortunately, none of these suggested solutions have worked;...
  7. PC randomly freezes and restarts even after factory reset

PC randomly freezes and restarts even after factory reset: I have tried updating drivers, clearing the computer's temp files, adjusting virtual memory, repairing system files, running a memory check, running a disk check and resetting the PC deleted all files and programs. Unfortunately, none of these suggested solutions have worked;...
  8. Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows: I'm running Windows version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081). Recently, I tried reinstalling Windows from a USB drive to see if that'd fix the occasional crashes I was getting. It didn't. My computer will usually boot up fine, but after several minutes of use it'll suddenly slow...
  9. File Explorer Sometimes Freezes, Crashes, Even After System Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sometimes Freezes, Crashes, Even After System Reset: Hello, 9 out of 10 times I open my file explorer, it won't display some or most of my files. Many times I see no folders at all, but when I do, and try to click around, the explorer crashes and quits often without a "not responding" prompt. The explorer also crashes if I...
  10. Computer freezing even after reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing even after reinstall windows.: this is part of the cbs log 2019-10-03 20:56:53, Info CSI 00000167 Previously seen component setting this value is Microsoft-Windows-Scripting-JScript, version 11.0.18362.388, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} 2019-10-03 20:56:53,...