Windows 10: Touchpad functionality is not working

Discus and support Touchpad functionality is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brand new Acer Spin SP513-54N. The touchpad functionalities of right click, double click etc. are not working though the touchpad works for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Subbu 2V, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Subbu 2V Win User

Touchpad functionality is not working

I have a brand new Acer Spin SP513-54N. The touchpad functionalities of right click, double click etc. are not working though the touchpad works for scroll movements.

I was advised to reinstate the device to factory settings but the same has not helped either. Any advise please?

:)

Subbu 2V, Oct 31, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 31, 2020
  3. geoffers Win User
    SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Touchpad functionality is not working [​IMG]

geoffers, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Touchpad functionality is not working

Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad functionality is not working

1. Touchpad functionality is not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad functionality working

2. precision function of touchpad isnt working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    precision function of touchpad isnt working.: I can use my touch pad to move the mouse and click on things. I cant scroll, zoom, swipe to switch apps or anything else that function intails. 've tried changing settings in BIOS I've tried uninstalling the driver then restarting the laptop. none of it has worked. So I'm at...
  3. precision function of touchpad isnt working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    precision function of touchpad isnt working.: I can use my touch pad to move the mouse and click on things. I cant scroll, zoom, swipe to switch apps or anything else that function intails. 've tried changing settings in BIOS I've tried uninstalling the driver then restarting the laptop. none of it has worked. So I'm at...
  4. precision function of touchpad isnt working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touchpad turn off/on function not working

Touchpad turn off/on function not working: Hello guys,I've a MSI GP62M 7RDX LeopardMy device has this function that supports turning on and off of my touchpad.The combination is FN + F3 but recently it isn't working anymore. The other combinations are working fine. I've tested the F3 button and that works too but the...
  6. Touchpad turn off/on function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad turn off/on function not working: Hello guys,I've a MSI GP62M 7RDX LeopardMy device has this function that supports turning on and off of my touchpad.The combination is FN + F3 but recently it isn't working anymore. The other combinations are working fine. I've tested the F3 button and that works too but the...
  7. Touchpad not functioning correctly

Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  8. Touchpad not functioning correctly

Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  9. Touchpad suddenly not functioning

Touchpad suddenly not functioning: Hello everyone! Hopefully you're all surviving this pandemic without too much disruption. Anyway, I'll just get on with it. Please see the timeline of events below: Bought an Acer Aspire 7 A715-74G laptop brand new just under four months ago when I started my own...
  10. working of scroll function on touchpad

working of scroll function on touchpad: scroll function of my hp laptop is not working because of the driver issue having window 10 installed in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/working-of-scroll-function-on-touchpad/3224178b-05ca-40eb-a7a4-6a053676ece3