Windows 10: Touchpad functions gone after last update

Discus and support Touchpad functions gone after last update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I seem to have lost the ability to left click/select on y touchpad after the last update. I have done a troubleshoot with no success and done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveCalvert3, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Touchpad functions gone after last update

Hi Guys, I seem to have lost the ability to left click/select on y touchpad after the last update. I have done a troubleshoot with no success and done device driver update, no change. Its a Dell XPS laptop running Win10. Any help please?

:)

DaveCalvert3, Apr 17, 2021
  2. geoffers Win User

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Touchpad functions gone after last update [​IMG]

geoffers, Apr 17, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Touchpad functions gone after last update

Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad functions gone after last update

1. Touchpad functions gone after last update - Similar Threads - Touchpad functions gone

2. Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update: Hello.My touchpad has developed a major problem, I cannot right click with it. I'm not talking about the physical button, but about touching it with two fingersI went to check the touchpad settings first time checking this since Windows 11 update and there NO settings for the...
  3. Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update: Hello.My touchpad has developed a major problem, I cannot right click with it. I'm not talking about the physical button, but about touching it with two fingersI went to check the touchpad settings first time checking this since Windows 11 update and there NO settings for the...
  4. Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update: Hello. I hope I can get some help with this; I'm at my wits' end. Sorry for the wall of text but I do not want to explain myself more than once. I must first say that only my personal laptop has been affected by this. My work laptop, tablet and phone all connect to wifi just...
  5. Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update: Hello. I hope I can get some help with this; I'm at my wits' end. Sorry for the wall of text but I do not want to explain myself more than once. I must first say that only my personal laptop has been affected by this. My work laptop, tablet and phone all connect to wifi just...
  6. Wifi is completely gone after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Bluetooth functionality gone after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth functionality gone after windows 10 update: When I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 21H1 my Bluetooth functionality became missing. Microsoft, let me ask you a question did I give you permission to remove my Bluetooth functionality? Please Microsoft give me back my Bluetooth functionality on my Laptop....
  8. TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP

TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP: After I updated from 8.1 to 10 touchpad stopped working. I have tried everything that is suggested over google. but no use. Can anyone help? I'm using acer....
  9. Touchpad it's not working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad it's not working after last update: I just up to date my laptop and now the touchpad don't work, its a way to get out this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-its-not-working-after-last-update/e7052d3e-d870-46a8-928d-52aa828b28d7
  10. Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update

Bluetooth functionality gone after Window 10 update: Hello-- I have this problem repeatedly pretty much every other time Windows 10 updates (sure wish we could control when that happens, like we used to be able to on other versions, but that's another topic.) Windows 10 forces the update on me, then next time I boot up my...