Windows 10: Touchpad gesture issue

Discus and support Touchpad gesture issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my touchpad when I tap with three fingers it calls up cortana, but in my touchpad setting it has the setting as middle mouse click, which is what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JCAstroVan, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Touchpad gesture issue

On my touchpad when I tap with three fingers it calls up cortana, but in my touchpad setting it has the setting as middle mouse click, which is what it normally does. My computer randomly did this change and I cannot figure out what is making it call up cortana instead middle mouse click.

I have a spectre x360 13t with synaptics touchpad drivers.

Thanks for any help

:)

JCAstroVan, Jul 2, 2019

2. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Touchpad gestures

Hello, Does your touchpad work except for gestures ?

I suggest you install the touchpad driver from your PC manufacturer.

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Touchpad gesture issue

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad gesture issue

1. Touchpad gesture issue - Similar Threads - Touchpad gesture issue

2. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  3. Touchpad gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gestures not working: I have a dell INSPIRON 5570Service Tag 9Y1LFP2After a recent hardware failure. I reinstalled windows and my touch-pad gestures stopped working. I did a lot of research but to no avail. The touchpad works fine but it isnt showing up in settings as a precision touchpad, even...
  4. Touchpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures: Don't know if anyone looked into this or I'm too late, but you can use gestures in windows 10 just like GNOME 40 gestures.. do two/three fingers swipe up, down, left, right to see the magic.. submitted by /u/Mr_Linux_Lover [link] [comments]...
  5. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I'm trying 2 finger scroll using my touchpad but I'm not able to use any gestures on the touchpad. I looked upon the internet and try to figure it out from the device manager but there is no touchpad option in the device manager. I also tried settings -> touchpad but...
  6. touchpad gestures

touchpad gestures: I have the DELL inspiron laptop. The gestures of the touch-pad don't work. I tried to go through the device manager and there is no option of the touch-pad in the settings. [ATTACH] How can the gestures of the touch-pad and the touch-pad problem be fixed.........
  7. Touchpad gesture issue

Touchpad gesture issue: On my touchpad when I tap with three fingers it calls up cortana, but in my touchpad setting it has the setting as middle mouse click, which is what it normally does. My computer randomly did this change and I cannot figure out what is making it call up cortana instead middle...
  8. gestures on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures on touchpad: How do I turn off some of the gestures on the touchpad but leave others alone, before this upgrade I could not only see the demonstration but change each individual gestures. Now the only thing I see is this: "This device is working properly". I beg to differ, NO it's NOT....
  9. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  10. Touchpad Gesture

Touchpad Gesture: Touchpad Gesture is not working, how do I fix it? I already tried going to set up and talking to a get help chat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/82661152-590c-44cb-b2e7-fb4bec73a91b