Windows 10: Touchpad Gesture on Dell G5 5500 sometimes behave like a mouse

Discus and support Touchpad Gesture on Dell G5 5500 sometimes behave like a mouse in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I used to dual boot windows 10 with Ubuntu 20.04. I used to have this weird glitch where the mousepad would sometime misbehave as a mouse in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EndFrost, Aug 25, 2022.

1. EndFrost Win User

Touchpad Gesture on Dell G5 5500 sometimes behave like a mouse

Hello, I used to dual boot windows 10 with Ubuntu 20.04. I used to have this weird glitch where the mousepad would sometime misbehave as a mouse in Ubuntu. Basically, it has the acceleration of a mouse, gesture doesn't work, etc. Sometime, the issues would go away after a while, other time, a restart. I have gotten rid of Ubuntu since then but the problems still persist on my Windows. I have updated to windows 11 in hopes of fixing this but it is still there. I have updated my touchpad driver to the latest as well as uninstalling it already.

:)

EndFrost, Aug 25, 2022
  2. yt_0502 Win User

Dell 5437 touchpad Multitouch gestures behaving not as expected

It does not show that I have a precision touchpad, but in the Dell touchpad settings, it shows all the multitap and swipe gestures (and they are enabled).

But initially when I had upgraded to Win10, the gestures worked perfectly. Could it be because of some windows update?

Thanks

Yash

yt_0502, Aug 25, 2022
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 25, 2022
  4. sh.gong Win User

Dell 5437 touchpad Multitouch gestures behaving not as expected

I just woke my laptop from sleep mode. The 3-finger-gestures were all mixed up again, just as expected. Then I ended the said process and the gestures were all back instantly. It worked like a charm on my laptop.

Did you end the right process? There are 3 synaptics process in task manager.

What's the touchpad driver version on your Dell laptop?

sh.gong, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Touchpad Gesture on Dell G5 5500 sometimes behave like a mouse - Similar Threads - Touchpad Gesture Dell

2. Touchpad Gesture on Dell G5 5500 sometimes behave like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Gesture on Dell G5 5500 sometimes behave like a mouse: Hello, I used to dual boot windows 10 with Ubuntu 20.04. I used to have this weird glitch where the mousepad would sometime misbehave as a mouse in Ubuntu. Basically, it has the acceleration of a mouse, gesture doesn't work, etc. Sometime, the issues would go away after a...
  3. Touchpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures: Don't know if anyone looked into this or I'm too late, but you can use gestures in windows 10 just like GNOME 40 gestures.. do two/three fingers swipe up, down, left, right to see the magic.. submitted by /u/Mr_Linux_Lover [link] [comments]...
  4. touchpad stops letting me use gestures sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad stops letting me use gestures sometimes: Hi! I'm running Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion x360, and I have a problem with my touchpad. Sometimes when I'm using my laptop gestures just... stop working? So if I try to scroll, it's just like I'm moving my mouse. I can click and drag okay, but it only recognises one of my...
  5. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I'm trying 2 finger scroll using my touchpad but I'm not able to use any gestures on the touchpad. I looked upon the internet and try to figure it out from the device manager but there is no touchpad option in the device manager. I also tried settings -> touchpad but...
  6. New Dell G5 5500 laptop - Pop from speakers when pausing video

New Dell G5 5500 laptop - Pop from speakers when pausing video: Windows 10 64bit Home 1909 I've searched on here and Google but can't find the answer. My new Dell G5 5500 has a pop when sound is suddenly halted, such as pausing a video on Youtube, or after moving the cursor to fast forward the video, after the cursor is released there...
  7. touchpad gestures

touchpad gestures: I have the DELL inspiron laptop. The gestures of the touch-pad don't work. I tried to go through the device manager and there is no option of the touch-pad in the settings. [ATTACH] How can the gestures of the touch-pad and the touch-pad problem be fixed.........
  8. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes: So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the...
  9. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  10. Touchpad Gesture

Touchpad Gesture: Touchpad Gesture is not working, how do I fix it? I already tried going to set up and talking to a get help chat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/82661152-590c-44cb-b2e7-fb4bec73a91b