Windows 10: touchpad gestures not working

Discus and support touchpad gestures not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP dv6-2150US, W10 home 1903-18362.239, Synaptic 19.5.10.79 date 4/16.19 touchpad gestures are not working (specifically scroll).They are configured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruggb, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ruggb Win User

touchpad gestures not working

HP dv6-2150US, W10 home 1903-18362.239, Synaptic 19.5.10.79 date 4/16.19
    touchpad gestures are not working (specifically scroll).They are configured under Mouse. I updated driver from a 2015 version. no joy
    After a while I noticed Fct+Scroll and tried that == it started working.
    I restarted computer and it stopped working. Now Fct+Scroll does nothing.

The Touch Keyboard does not come up either when clicked.
    Ideally, I would like to make it work by default without using the Fct+Scroll.
    Otherwise, just make it work.
    thanks.

:)

ruggb, Jul 16, 2019

2. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Touchpad gestures

Hello, Does your touchpad work except for gestures ?

I suggest you install the touchpad driver from your PC manufacturer.

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 16, 2019
  4. touchpad gestures not working

touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Thanks. This procedure worked. Though, as noted in the conversation below, the current driver 4021 does not work with my configuration. I had a copy of 405 so I used that for the re-install and now touchpad is working again.

Something must have thrown it off so that I needed a re-install but the latest driver doesn't work.

Thanks again.

hymanwallace, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

touchpad gestures not working

1. touchpad gestures not working - Similar Threads - touchpad gestures working

2. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  3. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  4. Touchpad gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gestures not working: I have a dell INSPIRON 5570Service Tag 9Y1LFP2After a recent hardware failure. I reinstalled windows and my touch-pad gestures stopped working. I did a lot of research but to no avail. The touchpad works fine but it isnt showing up in settings as a precision touchpad, even...
  5. Touchpad Gestures not working

Touchpad Gestures not working: I am working with a Dell Laptop Vostro 3885 running on Windows 10. I am having a hard time figuring out why my touchpad gestures scrolling, zooming, clicking on the actual pad isn't working. The settings indicate they should be available. Another thing is that there is no...
  6. Touchpad Gestures not working

Touchpad Gestures not working: Hi I have not been able to use the touchpad gestures for quite awhile now. I can scroll the pointer but can't use any two-finger or more gestures. I tried following the online suggestions of reinstalling/updating the latest device software for my touchpad but that didn't...
  7. Touchpad gestures not working

Touchpad gestures not working: Hi there. As I remember I was able to use touchpad gestures on my laptop Windows 10, like two finger scrolling. I erased my whole disk and moved to some linux distros for a while. Touchpad gestures were also working fine on other OSs. But now that I'm back to Windows 10,...
  8. Touchpad gesture not working :

Touchpad gesture not working :: Hi When I had win 10 ver 1709 I was able to use many different gustures by two or three finger on my laptop. but after updating windows to last version, I could not install ASUS Smart Gesture on laptop again. also now touchpad gesture is not useable foe me. I try other...
  9. Touchpad gestures not working

Touchpad gestures not working: Before I factory reset my laptop I was able to use different gestures using my touchpad like scroll or zoom. But know that I have restarted everything the gestures are not working. I followed some steps u found online on ways to switch it on. The settings show that it is in...
  10. Touchpad Gestures not working

Touchpad Gestures not working: I just updated my windows 10. After updating, my touchpad gestures have stopped working. It's frustrating. I tried to see from the questions people have asked, but I can't do the "Locate the touchpad driver" step since what I have on my device manager is "Mice and other...