Windows 10: Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

Discus and support Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D.Titanium, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad gestures. A search on this Windows Support forum yeilded a topic that directed you on how to update drivers within the Device Manager settings menu. I updated the drivers and restarted my laptop and below is a print screen of my settings following the driver update. As you can see there really isn't much of use there. When I click the link on the right "Additional settings" the traditional Mouse Properties window appears but within that window no settings for the touchpad. I searched this board once again but turned up empty handed. Is there a download to patch the missing menu items or perhaps a code that will bring them back through Registry Editor? Thank you for your help in advance.

Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings 2c688006-c762-4109-b003-6f52575d6168?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: Touchpad ***

:)

D.Titanium, Jan 10, 2020

2. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures missing in windows 10

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer

See which version of Windows 10 you have
      ).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work from Using the TouchPad or ClickPad
    (Windows 10)
    and see if this helps resolve the TouchPad issue.

For reference, you may also refer to the suggestions from ShivamKrishn dated 06-08-2015 from

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 10, 2020
  3. COS
    Cos Win User
    Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.

Hello! A while ago, i had installed win10 on my laptop and was satisfied enough with it. It had some issues with sound latency and touchpad stopped working after about a month without reboot, but in general it worked fine for me. Also touchpad had some cool gestures, such as "continuous dragging" - if i'm dragging a window and my finger get close to the border of touchpad, i could put second finger on touchpad and continue dragging. I was using it quite frequent because it is useful with multiple displays. And it was worked good. Until yesterday.
    Windows has decided that it's time for update and in the morning when i turn on my laptop it started updating and after that all began falling apart. I couldn't find this gesture anymore, now when i dragging a window, if second finger touches touchpad, it stop dragging and think i'm trying to scroll, in device manager touchpad displayed as HID mouse, and after 6 hours keyboard stopped work. >.< That's why i "love" microsoft update policy.
    I've made a clean install today, tried some touchpad drivers and still missing this gesture. In windows settings all touchpad settings turned on.

Does anyone know how to turn it on?
    Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

4. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

1. Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings - Similar Threads - Touchpad Gestures settings

2. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  3. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  4. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.: All day I left my position in a state of sleep. When I put it back on, my touchpad suddenly died. I tried various ways to turn it back on, but the toggle on/off in my settings somehow disappeared. Even though I have never touched that part at all from the first time I bought...
  6. Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.

Touchpad gestures can't work and missing from the settings.: All day I left my position in a state of sleep. When I put it back on, my touchpad suddenly died. I tried various ways to turn it back on, but the toggle on/off in my settings somehow disappeared. Even though I have never touched that part at all from the first time I bought...
  7. No Gestures settings available under the touchpad settings in Windows 11 build 22000.708...

No Gestures settings available under the touchpad settings in Windows 11 build 22000.708...: I am looking for a help in enabling a few more settings usually seen by default under the touchpad settings in Win 11. I am unable to find the settings, especillay to change the 3 tap action to use it as 'middle mouse button' instead of 'launch action center'. Tried...
  8. No Gestures settings available under the touchpad settings in Windows 11 build 22000.708...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Gestures settings available under the touchpad settings in Windows 11 build 22000.708...: I am looking for a help in enabling a few more settings usually seen by default under the touchpad settings in Win 11. I am unable to find the settings, especillay to change the 3 tap action to use it as 'middle mouse button' instead of 'launch action center'. Tried...
  9. Gesture on the touchpad is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Gesture on the touchpad is missing: I have laptop Acer Aspire E 14 E5-476G my touchpad gesture is not working after I have reinstalled the window 10 pro by bootable usb. how to fix it now? [ATTACH]...
  10. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.: I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features. Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me....