Windows 10: Touchpad gone bonkers

Discus and support Touchpad gone bonkers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, since about 2 updates ago I've had touchpad issues, it will be working then clicks fail , i can move cursor, but button/touch clicking nothing, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tj2211, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Tj2211 Win User

Touchpad gone bonkers

Ok, since about 2 updates ago I've had touchpad issues, it will be working then clicks fail , i can move cursor, but button/touch clicking nothing, if i CTRL. ALT. delete, pick task manager it will then work again for a while and repeat same balls all over again when it first went swapping to the ps2 driver worked ok but the last update it's screwed it fully, i've uninstalled drivers, chosen older drivers got driver from hp site EVERYTHING, I need to figure how to fix as I cannot work with an external mouse on a laptop it's driving me insane, how hard is it to make updates that do not break S**t everytime Touchpad gone bonkers :(,oh and I did a reset keep files as right now not got enough external devices with enough room to save my s**t

:)

Tj2211, Jun 15, 2019

2. Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 15, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Touchpad gone bonkers

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad gone bonkers

1. Touchpad gone bonkers - Similar Threads - Touchpad gone bonkers

2. Disable touchpad setting gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touchpad setting gone: Hello all,Last night I encountered an issue where, despite my mouse being connected to my laptop, my touchpad was still active despite having disabled it in the options months earlier. I am unclear what caused it, as after restarting my laptop for another one of those...
  3. Disable touchpad setting gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touchpad setting gone: Hello all,Last night I encountered an issue where, despite my mouse being connected to my laptop, my touchpad was still active despite having disabled it in the options months earlier. I am unclear what caused it, as after restarting my laptop for another one of those...
  4. Disable touchpad setting gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Store updates bonkers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store updates bonkers: Store updates bonkersSo I go and check for updates, 27 in total, it gets done and nothing shows download for today 08/19/2021On focus assassit it shows 26 updates got installed...
  6. Asus touchpad gone no mouse

Asus touchpad gone no mouse: Touchpad gone no mouse. Nothing in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-touchpad-gone-no-mouse/f6fd4b97-b28a-4730-818c-0e56aafbe46a
  7. Ms has gone Bonkers here (update times)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ms has gone Bonkers here (update times): Hi folks I'm not sure how ms collects this data but it's hopelessly wrong [img] I rarely use computers after 22.00 (local time) so how on earth do they gather info on Windows that computer is in use between 22.00 and 10.00 Windows computers are switched off and Windows...
  8. Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.

Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.: Somehow the touchpad has become limited to single click and basic cursor only. Non of the gestures work, 2 or 3 fingered, and the only available settings in Touchpad settings are 'sensitivity'. Clearly the setting have de-activated somehow. How do I recover full...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers: For the past two days, I've noticed that sometimes I use one of the Windows 10's built in "apps" (I refuse to call them "apps" on a PC), Windows Explorer is starting to behave weird. If I press the start button (or press the Windows key) to get the Start Menu, I am presented...
  10. Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers: Hi there anybody else experiencing this when trying to get the 9879 full install ISO (Windows Enterprise 9879). Host machine W8.1 with latest updates. Nothing to add -- can't see the Form to be filled in. Cheers jimbo 3239