Windows 10: Touchpad has quit working - Drivers are not showing up in Device Manager

Discus and support Touchpad has quit working - Drivers are not showing up in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last month, my touchpad stopped working. When I searched for the drivers, none were listed using Device Manager. I did a factory reset of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by czarkhasm, Apr 22, 2019.

1. czarkhasm Win User

Touchpad has quit working - Drivers are not showing up in Device Manager

Last month, my touchpad stopped working.

When I searched for the drivers, none were listed using Device Manager.

I did a factory reset of the computer (HP Stream 11) and the drivers did not show up. I downloaded the drivers from the HP website and installed them... they STILL do not show up.

I just ran the HP PC UEFI Hardware Diagnostics Component test for Mouse, and the cursor appeared (using the touchpad) for the test. When I clicked out of the test, and attempted to use the touchpad again, the cursor disappeared, and AGAIN, no drivers appear in Device Manager.

I am currently running Windows 10 on the computer.

:)

czarkhasm, Apr 22, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 22, 2019
  3. riddlerap Win User
    Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager

so, i got Windows 10 immediately once it was available.. even prior to that my touchpad was going in and out, like sometimes it sticks and doesnt work, but rubbing on it with a little force got it back and it'd be fine for hours or however long.

btw i have a Dell Inspiron 1564. all of a sudden tonight, the touchpad doesnt work AT ALL. previously this has happened like once a month, but i just restart my comp and its all good.. but now it wont work at all, AND the computer doesnt recognize there being a touchpad or any touchpad drivers under device manager.. its just blank, the only time the "Mice and other pointing devices" even shows up is if i have a USB mouse plugged in, otherwise it isnt even listed.

i've tried installing the driver from Dell, but using that one gives me the error that Windows 10 doesnt allow this app, or doesnt have support for it. i used some third party sites to try Alps and Synpatics drivers (heard that Synpatics might work), and they install fine, unlike the one from Dell, they dont give me the Windows 10 compatibility error.. but they just dont do ANYTHING. still nothing shows up in device manager.

most "solutions" for touchpad related problems are to uninstall the driver and then restart Windows and let the drivers reinstall.. but i cant uninstall anything, and nothing is there to reinstall. i've also tried Windows Update to see if anything popped up there.. nothing did.

any ideas?

riddlerap, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Touchpad has quit working - Drivers are not showing up in Device Manager

touchpad scrolling quit working

Hi Jim,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the touchpad driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple steps and check if it helps.

I recommend you to update the touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the touchpad driver device and select
      Update.

• Restart the computer, if prompted. And let us know the status.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad has quit working - Drivers are not showing up in Device Manager

1. Touchpad has quit working - Drivers are not showing up in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Touchpad has quit

2. Touchpad driver not showing up in Device Manager of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Touchpad driver not showing up in Device Manager of Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If your Touchpad driver is missing or not showing up in the Device Manager of Windows 11/10, then this guide will show you how to fix the issue. A lot of Windows users have reported being unable to view their touchpad driver in the Device Manager app. This issue...
  3. Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager: Realtek drivers are not showing up, speakers are unable to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-drivers-are-not-showing-up-in-device/02b0e7cb-6cde-4694-bfc5-9e1b2667c26a
  4. Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager: Realtek drivers are not showing up, speakers are unable to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-drivers-are-not-showing-up-in-device/02b0e7cb-6cde-4694-bfc5-9e1b2667c26a
  5. Driver list not showing up in Device Manager

Driver list not showing up in Device Manager: I am trying to install a driver for an xbox 360 wireless controller adapter. I have always had to manually install the driver for the one I have but I cant do it on my freshest install of Windows 10 Pro. when I go to select the driver I want from a list of available drivers,...
  6. Bluetooth drivers not showing up in device manager

Bluetooth drivers not showing up in device manager: So the problem i'm having is my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I tried turning it on and off and nothing, I restarted my computer and then the on/off button dissapeared, and then i tried some suggestions such as the Bluetooth troubleshooter and looking in the device...
  7. Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager

Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager: Hello, I have a tried both USB speakers, rear port, and front headset port on my desktop tower and still have a red 'x' on my system tray sound icon. The error says no speaker or headphones are plugged in. I've reinstalled the Realtek audio driver both from ASUS website and...
  8. Touchpad driver has disappeared from the device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad driver has disappeared from the device manager?: My touchpad completely stopped working and from research I assumed it was either broken or was a software issue, however all of the issues suggested I needed to un and then reinstall the touchpad driver. But when I went to look for it it seemingly doesn’t exist, I can’t see...
  9. Touchpad device not showing up in device manager

Touchpad device not showing up in device manager: [ATTACH] I just installed windows 10, and i can't find my touchpad, i can't even find touchpad in the windows settings.[ATTACH] I tried to install a driver for my touchpad but i can't find one. Can someone please send me a link of a driver or tell me how to fix this...
  10. Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager

Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager: so, i got Windows 10 immediately once it was available.. even prior to that my touchpad was going in and out, like sometimes it sticks and doesnt work, but rubbing on it with a little force got it back and it'd be fine for hours or however long. btw i have a Dell Inspiron...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad driver not showing in device manager

2. mousepad driver not showing

3. dell touchpad device disappeared

4. hardware tab shows no mousepad device on my laptop,
  5. synaptics touchpad not showing in device manager