Windows 10: touchpad has stopped working

Discus and support touchpad has stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have got a Lenovo G50 laptop and my touch pad has just stopped working, has anyone got any answers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bonvoyageTD, Sep 7, 2018.

1. bonvoyageTD Win User

touchpad has stopped working

Hi, I have got a Lenovo G50 laptop and my touch pad has just stopped working, has anyone got any answers?

:)

bonvoyageTD, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Nathaniel Mon Win User

Touchpad stopped working

Hi Elizabeth,

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done on your end?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you check the article below as a guide on how to fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Giridhar J Win User
    Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 7, 2018
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. touchpad has stopped working - Similar Threads - touchpad has stopped

2. Touchpad scroll stopped working/ delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad scroll stopped working/ delay: All of a sudden randomly my touchpad on my asus stopped working or it is very delayed, the rest of the touchpad works just fine though The only thing i did just before was install adobe acrobat xi and i have restarted my pc 121537
  3. The touchpad on my computer stopped working

The touchpad on my computer stopped working: the touchpad on my computer stopped working this afternoon. in the control panel the only device showing in mouse and pointing devices is the mouse. how do I fix this...
  4. Mail has stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail has stopped working: my mail has stopped working and I need some help getting it back to working. it receives email but I cannot send email. I have worked with my email provider and they have determined that it is a windows 10 issue? please help....
  5. Spellchecker has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spellchecker has stopped working.: Since the April update of Microsoft 10 my spellcheck won't work on anything but Microoft Office. I go into my setting, language etc and there is an option to turn the spellcheck on or off but it is greyed out. I am not great typist and when trying to type quickly mistakes...
  6. gswin32c.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gswin32c.exe has stopped working: Got this message while building and sending emails using Outlook as OLE process. What does this mean? How is it corrected or dealt with?...
  7. Synaptics touchpad stops randomly to work

Synaptics touchpad stops randomly to work: So, ive been having this problem recently. Today my Synaptics touchpad randomly stops working, this morning for example it was working perfectly fine but it randomly stopped to work. Sometimes it starts working again after a day or two (rebooting wont fix this problem). Ive...
  8. My touchpad has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My touchpad has stopped working: A few weeks ago my touchpad suddenly stopped working in my windows 10 Lenovo laptop. I tried everything I could think of to solve the problem, going through settings, control panel and troubleshooter etc. Nothing I tried has worked so far. The only way I have been able to use...
  9. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...
  10. webcam has stopped working

webcam has stopped working: When I installed Windows 10 my webcam was working okay but now the computer can't detect it and the problem persists after I restart multiple times. I tried looking on Device Manager but couldn't see the webcam there. This is a built-in webcam on a Sony VAIO. Is there any way...