Windows 10: Touchpad having issues

Discus and support Touchpad having issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My touchpad recently, for some reason, cannot do right-click and drag-and-drop gestures. However, three-finger and four-finger gestures still work, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KhoiDo Dinh, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Touchpad having issues

My touchpad recently, for some reason, cannot do right-click and drag-and-drop gestures. However, three-finger and four-finger gestures still work, and there are no problems with the system. I tried both DISM and SFC to fix this issue, but with no luck. I've also reinstalled the driver, but it doesn't work either. How do I fix this? I'm currently running build 10.0.22000.778 on a Dell Vostro 3405.

:)

KhoiDo Dinh, Jul 3, 2022
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 3, 2022
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Touchpad having issues

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Touchpad having issues

1. Touchpad having issues - Similar Threads - Touchpad having issues

2. Touchpad Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Issues: Hello, people of answers.microsoft.com by company Microsoft, I seem to have quite a few questions as of late. But, I digress, I've been having issues with my Windows 11 install. For reference, the computer is a HP Notebook with an i3-7100U. Yes, I did the registry edit, and...
  3. Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad issues: Touchpad not working. Drivers are up to date. Uninstalled and restarted; it reinstalled itself like it's supposed to. Touchpad still not working. It will randomly work and then quit again. This has been an ongoing issue with this Lenovo Yoga laptop. I've tried this 'solution'...
  4. Touchpad having issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad having issues: My touchpad recently, for some reason, cannot do right-click and drag-and-drop gestures. However, three-finger and four-finger gestures still work, and there are no problems with the system. I tried both DISM and SFC to fix this issue, but with no luck. I've also reinstalled...
  5. TOUCHPAD ISSUES!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOUCHPAD ISSUES!: why is my touchpad not working??? didnt do anything on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-issues/a6bbf1de-cfb3-45d3-bd6b-1556e56ec53e
  6. Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.: Five months ago or so, I began facing a situation where the touchpad suddenly stops working. After a while of shutting my PC down, it starts working again. However, out of the blue, the touchpad stops working. This cycle has been going on and on and I have no clue how to fix...
  7. Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad always having the issue of unable to start.: Five months ago or so, I began facing a situation where the touchpad suddenly stops working. After a while of shutting my PC down, it starts working again. However, out of the blue, the touchpad stops working. This cycle has been going on and on and I have no clue how to fix...
  8. Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues: Hi, my name is Amal, I have a Sony Vaio laptop E-series VPCEH25EN and my touchpad's 2 finger scrolling is not working!not any of the finger gestures are working, except for the double tab, I tried updating my touchpad driver but it didn't work, can someone help?...
  9. Touchpad Issue

Touchpad Issue: I don't know what happens but when I briefly touch on the touchpad without moving, it moves rapidly up and down but not left and right. Is this a common problem or my device issue?...
  10. Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues: So the two finger scrolling stopped working on my touchpad. I thought it might just be some dirt messing with the signal but I cleaned it and the problem still persisted, even when I restarted my computer. I found where you can disable or enable touchpad options but it says...