Windows 10: Touchpad help

Discus and support Touchpad help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using the touchpad normally and I went away for a minute, when I came back I cant seem to use all the gestures anymore. Tried installing other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Y.Feng, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Y.Feng Win User

Touchpad help

I was using the touchpad normally and I went away for a minute, when I came back I cant seem to use all the gestures anymore. Tried installing other drivers and updating existing drivers as well as checking for system update and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Any ideas?

:)

Y.Feng, Mar 5, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 5, 2020
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Touchpad help

My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad help

1. Touchpad help - Similar Threads - Touchpad help

2. I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...: I just clean installed windows 11 yesterday on my laptop and then my mouse wasn't working so I updated the drivers then when I restarted my laptop and now the keyboard also wasn't working. I tried resetting the bios , restarting but nothing happened....
  3. I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...: I just clean installed windows 11 yesterday on my laptop and then my mouse wasn't working so I updated the drivers then when I restarted my laptop and now the keyboard also wasn't working. I tried resetting the bios , restarting but nothing happened....
  4. My Touchpad Controls dont work after I lock my sceen. Pls Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Touchpad Controls dont work after I lock my sceen. Pls Help: I repaired my laptop and it came with windows pre installed... But whenever I close my laptop and reopen it, it never shows the lock screen and instead, shows the desktop.. No Pin Code Required, I tried to fix it but it is still the same. Also whenever I close the lid and...
  5. My Touchpad Controls dont work after I lock my sceen. Pls Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Touchpad Controls dont work after I lock my sceen. Pls Help: I repaired my laptop and it came with windows pre installed... But whenever I close my laptop and reopen it, it never shows the lock screen and instead, shows the desktop.. No Pin Code Required, I tried to fix it but it is still the same. Also whenever I close the lid and...
  6. My Touchpad Controls dont work after I lock my sceen. Pls Help

7. HELP my touchpad can not register more than 1 finger.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP my touchpad can not register more than 1 finger.: EVERY DAMNED TIME!My touchpad doesn't work and i can not scroll or zoom in or do ANYTHING with more than 1 finger. I have to go to device manager, delete HID-compliant mouse, and then restart this damned thing. Every time I log out it breaks. Need a way to fix this, fast!...
  8. HELP my touchpad can not register more than 1 finger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP my touchpad can not register more than 1 finger.: EVERY DAMNED TIME!My touchpad doesn't work and i can not scroll or zoom in or do ANYTHING with more than 1 finger. I have to go to device manager, delete HID-compliant mouse, and then restart this damned thing. Every time I log out it breaks. Need a way to fix this, fast!...
  9. HELP my touchpad can not register more than 1 finger.

10. audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help: audio speaker output and touchpad driver dell 3180.ne help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-speaker-output-and-touchpad-driver-dell/e172a411-3063-49a4-a6c5-bc92e63f0b70