Windows 10: Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The touchpad click is bothering and I cannot find a way to disable the sound, like on the keyboard. Can anyone help? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephNewYork, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10

The touchpad click is bothering and I cannot find a way to disable the sound, like on the keyboard.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

JosephNewYork, Jan 28, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 28, 2019
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10

Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10

1. Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad silence

2. Touchpad does not work. Device Manager shows 12C HID Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad does not work. Device Manager shows 12C HID Code 10: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 laptop. I wanted to upgrade the Ram from 8GB to 16GB. I opened the bottom panel / cover of laptop to check the Ram Card specs. I disconnected the ribbon type cable for the battery connection and pressed on the power switch to ensure the...
  3. Touchpad does not work. Device Manager shows 12C HID Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad does not work. Device Manager shows 12C HID Code 10: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1 laptop. I wanted to upgrade the Ram from 8GB to 16GB. I opened the bottom panel / cover of laptop to check the Ram Card specs. I disconnected the ribbon type cable for the battery connection and pressed on the power switch to ensure the...
  4. Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode: I have a windows 11 laptop that goes into tablet mode, this used to work great until it stopped switching to tablet mode. So when I would flip is over the keyboard and touchpad still work which disrupts what I'm doing. How do I fix this?...
  5. Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode

Keyboard/Touchpad still working while in tablet mode: I have a windows 11 laptop that goes into tablet mode, this used to work great until it stopped switching to tablet mode. So when I would flip is over the keyboard and touchpad still work which disrupts what I'm doing. How do I fix this?...
  6. Unable to use touchpad click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use touchpad click: Hi there! My touchpad click feature stopped working. I can drag the mouse in different directions, but the click is not working. Only the upper buttons are working but this is driving me insane. Please help!I've tried shutting down, restarting, checked out available updates...
  7. Unable to use touchpad click

Unable to use touchpad click: Hi there! My touchpad click feature stopped working. I can drag the mouse in different directions, but the click is not working. Only the upper buttons are working but this is driving me insane. Please help!I've tried shutting down, restarting, checked out available updates...
  8. Unable to use touchpad click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Not registering out-of-window clicks when using touchpad on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 w/ Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not registering out-of-window clicks when using touchpad on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 w/ Windows 10: I've been having this issue where my laptop will work perfectly normally for a few minutes, then suddenly clicks stop registering outside of the window I have open. When I have chrome open, clicks don't register on the tabs along the top of the window either, but the tabs...
  10. Not registering out-of-window clicks when using touchpad on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 w/ Windows 10

Not registering out-of-window clicks when using touchpad on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 w/ Windows 10: I've been having this issue where my laptop will work perfectly normally for a few minutes, then suddenly clicks stop registering outside of the window I have open. When I have chrome open, clicks don't register on the tabs along the top of the window either, but the tabs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. silence touchpad

2. how to silence mouse pad

3. How do I silence my touchpad dell

4. how to silence touch pad mouse,
  5. silence touchpad in windows 10