Windows 10: Touchpad icon not on taskbar and not working

Discus and support Touchpad icon not on taskbar and not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I right click the taskbar/taskbar settings/turn system icons on or off, and I turn on the touchpad icon the icon does not show in the taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 2020vision0115, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Touchpad icon not on taskbar and not working

When I right click the taskbar/taskbar settings/turn system icons on or off, and I turn on the touchpad icon the icon does not show in the taskbar. Revisiting that setting shows it has been turned off. The touchpad will not work although its driver in device manager states that it is working. I have used Fn F5 to turn the touchpad on or off and this Is not working. Why is this happening please.

:)

2020vision0115, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Touchpad icon not on taskbar and not working

My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad icon not on taskbar and not working

1. Touchpad icon not on taskbar and not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad icon taskbar

2. Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*: Alright quite possibly you have Disabled it by double tapping the top left corner of the touchpad which enables/disables the mouse pointer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-has-red-x-on-its-icon-in-taskbar/fd6ecc71-7d15-4ac8-bc30-161ef6e6127d
  3. Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*: Alright quite possibly you have Disabled it by double tapping the top left corner of the touchpad which enables/disables the mouse pointer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-has-red-x-on-its-icon-in-taskbar/fd6ecc71-7d15-4ac8-bc30-161ef6e6127d
  4. Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Taskbar icons to the right not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons to the right not working: Hi there, I am Nav I had reinstalled Windows 10 in January.After the Install it was all OK. there was no problem. After that I received an update thru Windows Update and I had installed it. And then the issue began, I wasn't able to left click but I could right click My...
  6. Taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar icons not working: After the v2004 windows update, almost none of the taskbar icons work. the sound, wifi, time&date and notification center are not opening upon clicking them. Going to Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi and clicking "Show available networks" is also muted, nothing happens and I...
  7. Network Icon on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon on taskbar not working: The network icon on my taskbar, shows my connnection when I hover on it, but when I left click on it, a plain white box appears with 'searching' dots crossing the top before it closes. I have no other issues......
  8. Windows icon on the taskbar is not working

Windows icon on the taskbar is not working: *Original Title* windows I cannot get a response from the windows icon on the taskbar. It will not allow me into settings, etc....on the far right, is an orange icon I've not seen before, next to the wifi signal. it appears to be a picture of a monitor?...
  9. Volume icon on taskbar not working

Volume icon on taskbar not working: Not sure how I did it, but I have lost controls on the volume icon on taskbar. The little volume speaker is there, but nothing happens when I click on it--can't control volume with it. How do I get it to work?...
  10. icons on taskbar won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on taskbar won't work: Just updated today with this new Win 10 Update and talk about screwing things up. Every one of my icons that I have on my Taskbar won't work. First off, they are no longer icons just blank except of course anything that is Microsoft isn't except for file explorer, it no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad icon on the taskbar no working

2. show touchpad button

3. windows 10 touchpad icon not working

4. touchpad button icon not working,
  5. touchpad icon not working,
  6. Why touchpad button not appear in taskbar,
  7. touchpad icon on toolbar,
  8. show touchpad icon on taskbar,
  9. touchpad system icon not available,
  10. PN touchpad on taskbar,
  11. Touch pad icon not working,