Windows 10: Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

Discus and support Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? - - - Updated - - - I may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

The reset touchpad option is greyed out.
    We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible.

How to fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

I may have fixed it. Went to device manager uninstalled ASUS precision touchpad. Then cntrol-alt-delete to sign out, then tab to restart pc.

testing it seems to be ok again.

But seriously how to reset when reset button is greyed out?

:)

sdowney717, Sep 4, 2019

2. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Sep 4, 2019
  3. shuggans Win User
    vb.net select text from active cursor point in different window

hello all - working on a dictation application and looking for some guidance as far as selecting text from a cursor point in a window outside of the applications form. I'll clarify a bit: The application types at the current cursor point using sendkeys() as you speak.. and I'm trying to handle commands such as "select word" which should select the word to the right of the current cursor point. I know how to handle selecting text within an application, but am looking to be pointed in the right direction for information on selecting text from say microsoft word etc. but keep in mind the goal for the application is to be universal for use within any EMR, word processor, web browser etc.

Thanks for any assistance!

shuggans

shuggans, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

cursor pause and jump (mouse and touchpad)

Hi Spencer,

Let us try to resolve your concern with the performance of your cursor. We suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Arun B J in this thread.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

1. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text - Similar Threads - Touchpad mess cursor

2. how stop cursor from jumping all over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how stop cursor from jumping all over: how do i stop the cursor from jumping all over the place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stop-cursor-from-jumping-all-over/2858bb66-b0fe-495d-81dc-1140d01f5020
  3. how stop cursor from jumping all over

in Windows 10 Customization
    how stop cursor from jumping all over: how do i stop the cursor from jumping all over the place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stop-cursor-from-jumping-all-over/2858bb66-b0fe-495d-81dc-1140d01f5020
  4. how stop cursor from jumping all over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  6. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  7. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Touchpad Aggravating... Jumps All Over/New Windows/etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad Aggravating... Jumps All Over/New Windows/etc: Morning... Bought 2 Lenovo IdeaPad L340's last year... one 15"; other 17" (not that it matters)... both have identical touchpad issue... basically... can NOT stop tap-to-click. Did everything I can think of... most drastic being... deleted all SYNAPTIC REGISTRY entries......
  9. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? 139872
  10. Cuser jumps all over on HP Pavilion TouchPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cuser jumps all over on HP Pavilion TouchPad: I have an HP Pavilion 15 cr0000x360 convertible laptop with Windows 10 platform. It is routinely scanned by Norton, so I am confidant that there are no viruses, etc. present. The curser jumps quite often all over the screen, making it difficult to type. Last year, an MS tech...