Windows 10: TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP

Discus and support TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I updated from 8.1 to 10 touchpad stopped working. I have tried everything that is suggested over google. but no use. Can anyone help? I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pl_123, May 29, 2020.

1. pl_123 Win User

TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP

After I updated from 8.1 to 10 touchpad stopped working. I have tried everything that is suggested over google. but no use. Can anyone help? I'm using acer.

:)

pl_123, May 29, 2020

2. Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 29, 2020
  3. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2020
  4. TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP

After Windows 10 update, can no longer disable touchpad. Please help

Hi Feisty

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling the touchpad after Windows Update, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to November Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Do you have any issues with functionality of Touchpad?
    • Where exactly were you trying to search for disable option?

This issue might have happened because of corrupted/ outdated touchpad drivers after the update.

If you are unable to access touchpad, I suggest you to connect an external mouse to try the below.

Step 1: Follow the below steps for search for the disable option and try to turn if off.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and check.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and try to install the drivers.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2020
Thema:

TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP

1. TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP - Similar Threads - TOUCHPAD GONE UPDATING

2. Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update: Hello.My touchpad has developed a major problem, I cannot right click with it. I'm not talking about the physical button, but about touching it with two fingersI went to check the touchpad settings first time checking this since Windows 11 update and there NO settings for the...
  3. Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad settings GONE after windows 11 update: Hello.My touchpad has developed a major problem, I cannot right click with it. I'm not talking about the physical button, but about touching it with two fingersI went to check the touchpad settings first time checking this since Windows 11 update and there NO settings for the...
  4. Disable touchpad setting gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touchpad setting gone: Hello all,Last night I encountered an issue where, despite my mouse being connected to my laptop, my touchpad was still active despite having disabled it in the options months earlier. I am unclear what caused it, as after restarting my laptop for another one of those...
  5. Touchpad functions gone after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad functions gone after last update: Hi Guys, I seem to have lost the ability to left click/select on y touchpad after the last update. I have done a troubleshoot with no success and done device driver update, no change. Its a Dell XPS laptop running Win10. Any help please?...
  6. Speakers gone after Windows 10 update

Speakers gone after Windows 10 update: My Lenovo desktop lost sound after the February update to Windows. There isn't an output device to choose from in the settings. No Sound, Video and Games Controllers or Audio Inputs/Outputs in the device manager. They do not show up when I try to "Show Hidden Devices". I've...
  7. Bluetooth is gone after updating laptop, Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth is gone after updating laptop, Help?: I updated my laptop to the KB4550945 update and my bluetooth is straight up gone now. It's gone from the action center and I can't enable bluetooth in the settings. I only have my airpods connected to it, can anyone help me? :/ submitted by /u/HxtSxuce [link] [comments]...
  8. Touchpad gone bonkers

Touchpad gone bonkers: Ok, since about 2 updates ago I've had touchpad issues, it will be working then clicks fail , i can move cursor, but button/touch clicking nothing, if i CTRL. ALT. delete, pick task manager it will then work again for a while and repeat same balls all over again when it first...
  9. sound gone after update windows 10

sound gone after update windows 10: [ATTACH] sound is not working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-after-update-windows-10/7a57bf7f-6081-4ca7-a155-fddb39595927
  10. Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.

Some Touchpad Settings Are Gone.: Somehow the touchpad has become limited to single click and basic cursor only. Non of the gestures work, 2 or 3 fingered, and the only available settings in Touchpad settings are 'sensitivity'. Clearly the setting have de-activated somehow. How do I recover full...