Windows 10: Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well

Discus and support Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, I Have installed the latest build of win 10 from Microsoft website and the touchpad is not working and I can't see it under the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Denys Lebediev, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well

Hey there,

I Have installed the latest build of win 10 from Microsoft website and the touchpad is not working and I can't see it under the device manager either.

I have installed the latest Windows update as well as updated drivers via Lenovo Vantage and via support page for Y540-IRH. Nothing.

Is there any solution to this?

PS: I have formatted SSD with preinstalled software once I have been initially installing Windows. Maybe this is the case?

Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well f6c18f8d-aa9f-4ce4-ad4d-4c868e5d8e8a?upload=true.png

:)

Denys Lebediev, Dec 25, 2019

2. My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

Hi Lizzy

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 25, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well

touchpad doesn 't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Try below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.

Method 2: If issue persists try to un-install and install latest Disk drives driver and check if it helps. To uninstall driver follow below steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Tap or click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Update Driver, and then follow the instructions
    Download latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well

1. Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well - Similar Threads - Touchpad is'nt working

2. Asus Touchpad not working and not appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Touchpad not working and not appearing in Device Manager: HiI just bought an Asus Vivobook laptop K3504VA and after I installed the windows, I noticed that my touchpad was not working. If I go into BIOS, it works just fine.I installed the driver from the Asus website, restarted the laptop, but afterwards it still doesn't work and...
  3. Asus Touchpad not working and not appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Touchpad not working and not appearing in Device Manager: HiI just bought an Asus Vivobook laptop K3504VA and after I installed the windows, I noticed that my touchpad was not working. If I go into BIOS, it works just fine.I installed the driver from the Asus website, restarted the laptop, but afterwards it still doesn't work and...
  4. Asus Touchpad not working and not appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager

my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager: I rolled back my touch pad because it feels too much whenever I type. It still works though, just as annoying as it ever did. How can I get rid of this ?...
  6. Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working

Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working: my touchpad stop working so i thought its a software problem , so i installed a fresh windows and it works fine .. after an hour it stopped again , i made another fresh windows and it works fine and after few hours it stopped !!! it doesn't appear in device manager i...
  7. NEED HELP FIXING FRAME DROPS ON LEGION Y540

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NEED HELP FIXING FRAME DROPS ON LEGION Y540: Specs : i5-9300H, gtx 1650, windows 10 (version 1909), 256gb ssd, 1tb HDD, 8 gb ram. I play games like watch dogs 2, csgo, valorant and gta 5, I get above 60 fps in all games, csgo and valorant being 150 +. Recently I've noticed the frames in all games dropping to 10-30 fps,...
  8. My touchpad isn't working (device manager doesn't see it)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My touchpad isn't working (device manager doesn't see it): So my touchpad worked perfectly until I had to take my laptop to the service (the screen got damaged) and when I got it back I had to install windows 10 again. The problem is that my touchpad is not working anymore. I tried the Fn+F6 key combo, but nothing happend. The device...
  9. touchpad is'nt working!

touchpad is'nt working!: touchpad isn't working after I cleaned the keyboard how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-isnt-working/c7a2432a-82f5-41f1-aa81-1f83d641a923
  10. How to disable touchpad in Windows 10 - touchpad doesn't appear in device manager, etc.

How to disable touchpad in Windows 10 - touchpad doesn't appear in device manager, etc.: Hi, I've a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I wish to disable my touchpad, since I have a USB mouse, and the touchpad interferes with my typing by moving the cursor. I have tried lots of things, but the problem is my computer does not seem to provide me with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download synaptics touchpad driver for lenovo legion y540