Windows 10: touchpad is'nt working!

Discus and support touchpad is'nt working! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; touchpad isn't working after I cleaned the keyboard how do I get it to work again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lily_442, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Lily_442 Win User

touchpad is'nt working!

touchpad isn't working after I cleaned the keyboard how do I get it to work again?

:)

Lily_442, Nov 20, 2019

2. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 20, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 20, 2019
  4. touchpad is'nt working!

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

touchpad is'nt working!

1. touchpad is'nt working! - Similar Threads - touchpad is'nt working

2. Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Not Working: Hello, Currently, I'm using my mouse to do my work. However, when I unplug my mouse and try using the touchpad, it doesn't work as it should. If I click the touchpad's left button, it works like a right-click. And a right-click doesn't work at all!Please help me....
  3. Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working: I have an ACER Aspire 5 laptop and the touchpad hasn't been working for months. I've used a wireless mouse but I don't want to rely on it anymore since I could lose it or run out of batteries while travelling. I've opened up the Device Manager and the touchpad is not listed...
  4. Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad not working: My touchpad isnt working and ive restarted my computer many times, there isnt a touchpad option in my settings nor a touchpad settings in other mouse options, i have a windows 10 hp, what do i do....
  5. Touchpad not working

Touchpad not working: Hello community , Currently I am using a mi notebook 14 laptop. Touch pad failed to function after a hard restart. How ever external mouse works fine. Things I have tried so far -> Checked with device manager and made an update. -> Switched on and off touch pad in the...
  6. TouchPad is not working

TouchPad is not working: My computer has updated and Touchpad stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-is-not-working/948f108a-73a7-4dba-a6f6-00addb9ac480
  7. Touchpad not working

Touchpad not working: Some of the features of the touchpad like two-finger scroll , tap ,right click and all are not working since a few days. Even after updating the windows and all its features, it's still not working. And there is no driver showing for touchpad in the "Devices and Drivers"...
  8. Touchpad not working.

Touchpad not working.: i2c hid driver is not starting and its up to date and there isn't an option to rollback.I also manually installed elan precision driver from the hp support because there was no i2c hid driver there but its not working .[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well

Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well: Hey there, I Have installed the latest build of win 10 from Microsoft website and the touchpad is not working and I can't see it under the device manager either. I have installed the latest Windows update as well as updated drivers via Lenovo Vantage and via support page...
  10. Touchpad will not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad will not work: I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I have tried the following - uninstalling and reinstalling drivers - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch keyboard and handwriting panel hp drivers