Windows 10: touchpad issue

Discus and support touchpad issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, I am facing this really annoying issue. My laptop automatically scrolls down on its own. I'm facing this problem since last few months but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abhyudaya, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Abhyudaya Win User

touchpad issue

Hey there, I am facing this really annoying issue.

My laptop automatically scrolls down on its own. I'm facing this problem since last few months but now, it occurs almost everytime. I can't figure out why it's happening. I searched all over web but found nothing.

If i open a page in Chrome it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the webpage. If i open excel spreadsheet it automatically scrolls to the last row. If i'm just on idle desktop it automatically selects last icon. And when i double click to open some other app icon, it opens the last app icon. If i scroll back to top, it again scrolls down.

Please help guys asap!

:)

Abhyudaya, Jan 12, 2020

2. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 12, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 12, 2020
  4. touchpad issue

functionality issues with Elan Touchpad after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the touchpad driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

touchpad issue

1. touchpad issue - Similar Threads - touchpad issue

2. Touchpad and one other Issue with HP 250 G10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and one other Issue with HP 250 G10 Laptop: GreetingsI am Munib. I am having problems with my HP 250 G10 Laptop CI7 13th Generation 1355U. OS is Windows 11 23H2.Problem1. I am unable to add any device. the relevant window keeps on spinning but no device is indicated.2 - Bluetooth is active. but it cannot connect to...
  3. Touchpad and one other Issue with HP 250 G10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and one other Issue with HP 250 G10 Laptop: GreetingsI am Munib. I am having problems with my HP 250 G10 Laptop CI7 13th Generation 1355U. OS is Windows 11 23H2.Problem1. I am unable to add any device. the relevant window keeps on spinning but no device is indicated.2 - Bluetooth is active. but it cannot connect to...
  4. What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??: Dear Microsoft, My laptop autotype 6666666....... continuously and Never stop until I click Ctrl+shift+back key and backspace but it start again after sometime.My laptop touchpad is also lagging and system is also hanging What should I do please tell me?My laptop software...
  5. What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??

What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??: Dear Microsoft, My laptop autotype 6666666....... continuously and Never stop until I click Ctrl+shift+back key and backspace but it start again after sometime.My laptop touchpad is also lagging and system is also hanging What should I do please tell me?My laptop software...
  6. What should I do? autotype issue and touchpad lag??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please resolve issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please resolve issue: Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-team-my-laptops-touchpad-not-working-properly/221a4f9e-7748-4ca7-8b0d-a9a3b4d98487
  8. Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please resolve issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please resolve issue: Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-team-my-laptops-touchpad-not-working-properly/221a4f9e-7748-4ca7-8b0d-a9a3b4d98487
  9. Hi team my laptop's touchpad not working properly please resolve issue

10. How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?

How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?: Hello Team,I have tried every method to fix my touch-pad, but nonetheless, the issue comes back every time.I have tried re-installing the driver, Turning off the toggle that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. But it all comes back....