Windows 10: Touchpad issues on laptops?

Discus and support Touchpad issues on laptops? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My personal Thinkpad W510 at home randomly has the touchpad seem unresponsive. Ive also noticed this on a bunch of other 10 upgrade units. Today i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by radzer0, Aug 21, 2015.

1. radzer0 Win User

Touchpad issues on laptops?

My personal Thinkpad W510 at home randomly has the touchpad seem unresponsive. Ive also noticed this on a bunch of other 10 upgrade units. Today i noticed on a E6420, all works well but when the mouse stops being responsive (it has the proper dell multitouch driver) all I have to do is tap the windows key and it comes back up.

Is this some form of USB power save that I might have to disable somewhere? I know both of the above models connects to a connector on the board that it considers a USB device.

:)

radzer0, Aug 21, 2015

2. TouchPad issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description touchpad is not working as it should be. The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the
    touchpad drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

The issue could also be related to the touchpad
    drivers and other updates. I want to inform you that updates will be released by Microsoft. So, I would suggest you to keep checking your Windows updates not only important one but optional too. If any available
    try to install them and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

First try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the
    touchpad drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

For installing drivers from manufacturer's website. You can refer to the link provided below.

Yoga 3 Pro-1370 Laptop (Lenovo)

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 21, 2015
  3. TouchPad issues

The touchpad on my Lenovo Yoga 3 seems to be doing something very weird, it almost seems inverted. When I try to move my cursor up, it moves to the right. When I move it down it moves to the left. Then when I move it right it moves up and left it moves
    down. I've looked in the computer settings as well as the Lenovo settings on the computer. As well as try to restart my computer. I really don't know what else to try but there is no way I'll be able to do schoolwork efficiently with the touchpad like it is.
    Any help?

Jonathan_Gregory723, Aug 21, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Could be disabling the power save feature will take care of this.
    Right-click on the mouse in Device Manager and select Properties.
    In the Power Management tab, uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Touchpad issues on laptops? [​IMG]

simrick, Aug 22, 2015
  5. radzer0 Win User
    Who those who end up finding this issue, windows 10 has a feature that is made to prevent "sleeve mouse/clicking" I forgot what its called but I turned it off and all is solved. Its under regular mouse settings.

radzer0, Aug 28, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Glad your issue is resolved. Please mark the thread as "solved" in the upper left-hand corner.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Touchpad issues on laptops? - Similar Threads - Touchpad issues laptops

2. Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad issues: Touchpad not working. Drivers are up to date. Uninstalled and restarted; it reinstalled itself like it's supposed to. Touchpad still not working. It will randomly work and then quit again. This has been an ongoing issue with this Lenovo Yoga laptop. I've tried this 'solution'...
  3. Touchpad issue with HP laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad issue with HP laptop: Dear Mohammed Shuaib,You replied to the Question Synaptics Touchpad issue on 29th July 2022 , I have the same problem, I had follow the given fix issue on step by step., It didn't solve the issue, My issue on touchpad is that if you want to scroll the page with two finger...
  4. Touchpad issue with HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad issue with HP laptop: Dear Mohammed Shuaib,You replied to the Question Synaptics Touchpad issue on 29th July 2022 , I have the same problem, I had follow the given fix issue on step by step., It didn't solve the issue, My issue on touchpad is that if you want to scroll the page with two finger...
  5. Touchpad issue with HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue: I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again,...
  7. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue: I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again,...
  8. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues: So the two finger scrolling stopped working on my touchpad. I thought it might just be some dirt messing with the signal but I cleaned it and the problem still persisted, even when I restarted my computer. I found where you can disable or enable touchpad options but it says...
  10. Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10

Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10: i have toshiba laptop satellite 55 with W10. When i start the computer the cursor on the touchpad works fine but when the computer programs all open up i can no longer see the arrow of the touchpad. I have tried fn 5 and fn9 but still cant see ii. What can i do?...