Windows 10: Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

Discus and support Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Asus Vivobook Flip 14 and the touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. Tried restarting and updating pc but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShakeraHemmings, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

I have an Asus Vivobook Flip 14 and the touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. Tried restarting and updating pc but nothing seems to work.

Please help!

:)

ShakeraHemmings, Dec 9, 2020
  2. S Magrone Win User

Disabling Touchpad in W-10

Just upgraded to Microsoft 10 and now my once disabled touchpad is enabled again and can't figure out how to disabled it. Any suggestions?

Found answer. On ASUS, knew that toggling FN F9 disables/enables TouchPad use, but was not working after upgrading to MS 10. Upgraded TouchPad driver and FN F9 now working again.

S Magrone, Dec 9, 2020
  3. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

disable touchpad

Hi James,

Touchpad is usually disabled and re-enabled by pressing the Fn and either
    F3 or F9 keys, but that depends on the laptop that you have. Each brand have its own shortcut keys. However, you can disable the touchpad from the Settings page. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices.
    2. In the left pane, click Touchpad.
    3. To completely disable the touchpad, toggle off Touchpad.
    4. If you only want to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, check the box for
      Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Let me know if you need further help so I can assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

1. Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. - Similar Threads - Touchpad keeps saying

2. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  3. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  4. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fn+F7 and F9 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn+F7 and F9 not working: I had not used these keys for a long time! Today, when I tried to disable the laptop touchpad, I realized that this key does not work! On the other hand, when I tried to turn off the screen, I realized that even that one key did not work! Of course, the other keys work well...
  6. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works: I have an ASUS 541U laptop 64-bit OS, x64-based processor- after the latest update of Windows 10 the Fn + F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works. It just can't be disabled or enabled. All other Fn-hotkeys work normally. I can Enable or Disable Touchpad...
  7. touchpad says disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad says disabled: cant get my mouse to work. tried pressing f6 and it says touchpad disabled. thanks its a vivobook tp421u. windows 10.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-says-disabled/7ac0946b-dbb2-4ca8-87e6-0db770fe1281
  8. When "enable touchpad despite a mouse being present" is disabled, the touchpad disables...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When "enable touchpad despite a mouse being present" is disabled, the touchpad disables...: What the title says. It's an MSI GE65 Raider 9SF laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I disabled this option so that a the touchpad is disabled when I have an USB mouse connected, but the thing is that it's disabled even when a mouse isn't present? I booted up my laptop today in...
  9. Restore Fn+F9 functionality

Restore Fn+F9 functionality: Lately I've been having issues while typing, where the palm of my hand is doing things with the mousepad. It used to be that I coudl hit Fn+F9 and it would disable the mousepad, but that no longer works. How can I get it to work again? I want to be able to toggle the mouspad...
  10. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...