Windows 10: Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

Discus and support Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While using the computer, it so happens that my computer lags/feezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes the touchpad is no longer working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GiraUsugurai, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

While using the computer, it so happens that my computer lags/feezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes the touchpad is no longer working. I have found out that by going into the touchpad settings either by connecting a mouse or using the keyboard and turning the touchpad OFF and ON makes the touchpad work again for a while. The touchpad still shows as ON in the settings when this happens. I have already disabled the ability of the OS to turn off my touchpad to save power. It did not change anything.I am running the most current version of Windows 10. The drivers are updated. I ha

:)

GiraUsugurai, Dec 23, 2022

2. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Dec 23, 2022
  3. TouchPad lagging and not moving

Hi Abdalla,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the frustration when things don’t work out the way it should.

Method 1: I suggest you to try installing drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if
    that helps.

• Download the touchpad pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the
      issue persists.
    Method 2: I suggest you to perform DISM scan and check if the issue is resolved. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
      • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 23, 2022
  4. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

Touchpad keep on scrolling

Hi Mehran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model of the computer?
    • Is this issue is specific to Facebook webpage?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend to update the touchpad drivers and check. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click on the device and select
      Update

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Method 3.

If the issue still persist you can try installing/reinstalling the driver and check. I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated touchpad driver.

Note: Make sure you download and save the TouchPad driver and installed it before uninstalling the outdated touchpad driver.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device and select
      Uninstall
      . (Note: keep the latest installed touchpad driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 23, 2022
Thema:

Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

1. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag - Similar Threads - Touchpad keeps turning

2. Touchpad keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning on and off: Hi, my touch pad keeps turning on and off. I have a dell laptop. There is no drivers for the touch pad on my system. I have tried to uninstall the driver yet it wont work. But then it starts working again. Its like it turns off by itself after a certain period of time im not...
  3. Touchpad keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning on and off: Hi, my touch pad keeps turning on and off. I have a dell laptop. There is no drivers for the touch pad on my system. I have tried to uninstall the driver yet it wont work. But then it starts working again. Its like it turns off by itself after a certain period of time im not...
  4. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  5. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  6. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag: While using the computer, it so happens that my computer lags/feezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes the touchpad is no longer working. I have found out that by going into the touchpad settings either by connecting a mouse or using the keyboard and turning the...
  7. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag: While using the computer, it so happens that my computer lags/feezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes the touchpad is no longer working. I have found out that by going into the touchpad settings either by connecting a mouse or using the keyboard and turning the...
  8. Touchpad keeps turning off

Touchpad keeps turning off: My touchpad keeps turning itself off randomly, it is really annoying when i am in the middle of school and I think my computer broke. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-keeps-turning-off/dadfdca2-ccd1-44dc-b39d-ae082e19b3a5
  9. Turning off TouchPad

Turning off TouchPad: So I ran a Windows update and now I can't turn off the TouchPad. When I go Control Panel > Hardware > Mouse and click Touch Pad there is NO "disable TouchPad when mouse plugged in" box like before. After 30 minutes of searching I give up, so here I am asking for help....
  10. Turning off touchpad

Turning off touchpad: months ago I finally figured out how to turn off my touchpad which moves the cursor while I type and causes all sorts of mistakes; suddenly, it's back on again and I can't turn it off; I've even uninstalled it but that doesn't work; the button for "disable" in the settings is...