Windows 10: touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing

Discus and support touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; WHile typing in a book document in MS word 2016 on my Surface Pro 6, I often find that the touch pad has activated. Is there a way to deactivate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ted514, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Ted514 Win User

touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing

WHile typing in a book document in MS word 2016 on my Surface Pro 6, I often find that the touch pad has activated. Is there a way to deactivate the menu key so I don't waste productivity? In some novel writing sessions I waste 25% of my time fighting that menu. It is the menu key with the parallel lines that is constantly activating.

:)

Ted514, Jul 2, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 2, 2020
  3. I have a Dell laptop Inspiron M731R. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I find that I am unable to disable the touchpad.

Hello,

• How are you trying to disable touchpad?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if this helps.

• Click Start.
    • Type device manager into the Search box. Click the device manager result, and the Device Manager window will pop up.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click the touchpad's entry. In the menu that pops up, click Disable.
    • Confirm your choice in the pop-up window.
    Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 2, 2020
  4. touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing

Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.

Hello,

#1 For some reason my touchpad on my HP 15 (2015 model with 8.1, now upgraded to Windows 10 1511) freezes. I hate that when it happens, you cant use it for 20 or 30 seconds or so. I close my lid and open it back up and it works normal, but then after a little bit it starts doing it again. My driver is up to date, I think it maybe Synaptics? If I need to give more info, please say! touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing :)

#2: When I scroll on my touchpad up words it opens the start menu every so often when I am scrolling a lot, but when I didn't even open or even get near it or press Windows key. What is causing this? I hate it when it does this and screws up my readings then it stops scrolling and focuses more on the start menu then I have to click out of the menu and go back to what ever I was doing.

Thanks! touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing :)

Computer Chicken, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing

1. touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing - Similar Threads - touchpad kicks menu

2. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant type in start menu: I have strange issue where I cant type on the start menu. I can type in the search icon beside the start menu but when I open the start menu itself and start typing nothing happens. How is this possible?...
  3. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant type in start menu: I have strange issue where I cant type on the start menu. I can type in the search icon beside the start menu but when I open the start menu itself and start typing nothing happens. How is this possible?...
  4. I cant type in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu Closing/Crashing When I try to type in it

in Cortana
    Start Menu Closing/Crashing When I try to type in it: I'm using Windows 10, when I try to type into my search bar on my bottom left, it closes automatically on me, even typing one letter into the search box makes it close on me. This has been happening for almost 2 months and I have spent countless hours trying to fix this...
  6. Grey Thing Covers the Menu When I Start Typing

Grey Thing Covers the Menu When I Start Typing: I am using Microsoft Windows 10 currently. Whenever I click on the Windows icon and begin typing something, the following happens: [ATTACH] This grey thing that covers the menu is very annoying. It goes away when I click on it, but sometimes, I unknowingly end up clicking...
  7. Any way when typing with the start menu up ...to search, well, just the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way when typing with the start menu up ...to search, well, just the start menu?: Basically, if the start menu is open and I'm typing, I just want to show results in the start menu structure. I don't want to search my documents, the web, apps I don't have installed, settings, or other random crap from the ends of the earth. Just simply filter down the...
  8. Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad

Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad: I'm using a Lenovo Legion y720 with Windows 10 64-bit. Often, when I'm being lazy and using the touchpad with two hands for speed (one finger for moving and one finger for clicking in the bottom left of the touchpad), I find that the cursor hops down to the start menu in...
  9. Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.: Hello, #1 For some reason my touchpad on my HP 15 (2015 model with 8.1, now upgraded to Windows 10 1511) freezes. I hate that when it happens, you cant use it for 20 or 30 seconds or so. I close my lid and open it back up and it works normal, but then after a little bit it...
  10. Start menu closes when I type instead of searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu closes when I type instead of searching: Sometimes when I open the start menu and start typing, the start menu closes instead of searching for the character string that I type. Why does it do this? Thanks. 100601