Windows 10: Touchpad left click doing left click function randomly

Discus and support Touchpad left click doing left click function randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This just started recently on a 5 yr old Asus laptop, the touchpad is a single flat part with no buttons I restarted the pc and it was normal but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xboxhaxorz, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Touchpad left click doing left click function randomly

This just started recently on a 5 yr old Asus laptop, the touchpad is a single flat part with no buttons

I restarted the pc and it was normal but then it just happened again, if i click the left button it does the right button function, right now if i simply tap the touchpad lightly without clicking i am able to get it to work fine

Im not really used to tapping it, i do press it, well just now as im typing i decided to press it and its working fine again, but i was looking for a way to prevent it from happening again

:)

xboxhaxorz, Oct 31, 2019
  2. BillTxn Win User

Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

After installing Windows 10 in a Toshiba laptop which had been running Windows 8.1, there is a cursor but the left- and right-click functions of the synaptic touchpad do not work. I have searched through the hardware and accessibility settings and all
    appear correct. I have looked at uninstalling/reinstalling the touchpad driver in accessibility settings, but it is greyed out. Any suggestions on fixing this issue?

BillTxn, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Touchpad left click doing left click function randomly

Left right scroll function on touchpads no longer available?

My left and right scroll function with the use of 2 fingers on a touchpad have disappeared. I remember when I could select exactly what I wanted my touchpad to do using the Synaptics tab which used to be found in the Mouse properties window, but that disappeared
    sometime last year.

How can I resume scrolling left and right with the use of 2 fingers on my touchpad? Mouse Settings has no such option. Mouse properties has no such tab for gestures anymore thanks to the removal of the Synaptics tab, which could be due to an update in the
    driver, presumably to make sure it doesn't clash with the less functional Mouse Settings on Windows 10.

Does anyone have any idea which drivers or software I can use to solve this? Dragging a scroll bar on my laptop is not very convenient when I need to do it multiple times in a row, in between other operations.

playerFive, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad left click doing left click function randomly

1. Touchpad left click doing left click function randomly - Similar Threads - Touchpad left click

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  4. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks: I have windows 10 and have been using my ZOWIE EC1-A for about 5-6 years with out a single problem the mouse works fine on my other computer. I was using my desktop business as usual nothing new installed for the past 2 weeks doing the same things. And randomly today my left...
  5. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks: I have windows 10 and have been using my ZOWIE EC1-A for about 5-6 years with out a single problem the mouse works fine on my other computer. I was using my desktop business as usual nothing new installed for the past 2 weeks doing the same things. And randomly today my left...
  6. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  7. left mouse click results in multiple random clicks

left mouse click results in multiple random clicks: when I do a left mouse click it quite often results in a double or more clicks. If I change the mouse it still happens. if I switch left and right mouse buttons it goes away, but that is a really awkward way for me to work. I have deleted mouse in Device manager, which there...
  8. Right and left clicking on touchpad do not work

Right and left clicking on touchpad do not work: My HP Pavilion laptop 15 - cd0xx - was recently updated to windows 10. The touchpad will not do any right or left clicking. I have downloaded and installed the lasted drivers from HP and I have checked to ensure its enabled in settings. Its still not working. Any advice...
  9. Left click randomly not registering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click randomly not registering: I seem to remember having this problem before and something random solved it. I can right click completely normally and ive checked my mouse and there is nothing wrong with it. I have also tried multiple fixes such as reinstalling the mouse and USB connection drivers. Nothing...
  10. No left click

in Windows 10 Support
    No left click: My mouse will left click toget me to a site, but will not work when I get there. For example, it got me here but will not open any items. I'm typing this on a tablet since the desktop mouse does not work. Right click seems to be fine. The drivers are up to date. It seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. track pad left clicking randomly