Windows 10: Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working

Discus and support Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my touchpad stop working so i thought its a software problem , so i installed a fresh windows and it works fine .. after an hour it stopped again , i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mohamedmansour3, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working

my touchpad stop working so i thought its a software problem , so i installed a fresh windows and it works fine ..

after an hour it stopped again , i made another fresh windows and it works fine and after few hours it stopped !!!

it doesn't appear in device manager

i always have two HID keyboard , even touchpad work or not

there was 3 device firmware in device manager but after touchpad stopped it became only two

every time i install new windows the touchpad works fine for a few time

i thought its a malware ... i checked with "malwarebytes" it was clean

i need help please i tried everything i know

:)

mohamedmansour3, Apr 10, 2021

2. Touchpad is'nt working for Legion Y540-IRH. It doesn't appear at device manager as well

There is no option to enable/disable the touchpad through BIOS in the Lenovo Legion y540.

I'm using hotkeys fn+11 to turn on/off the touchpad, but it doesn't work. I have even tried to install Ubuntu as second OS and tried to go for fn+11 - there is visual feedback that touchpad is turning on and off, but in reality touchpad doesn't work.

Denys Lebediev, Apr 10, 2021
  3. mystokie Win User
    Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?

I’ve finally got to the BIOS screen up but there is no specific setting that could control the touchpad not being on .
    As you suggested when using the mouse pressing F1….sadly no change.

When I look at the link in xsteveuk, the Lenovo video shows there are specific Windows 10 options for Lenovo which aren’t visible on my laptop after a fresh Windows installation.
    Could the missing Lenovo specific options needed to get the touchpad working? How to I make Windows have the Lenovo specific setting?

Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working [​IMG]

Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working [​IMG]

Really appreciated.

mystokie, Apr 10, 2021
  4. mystokie Win User

Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working

Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?

Thanks.
    I've had a look at those instructions from Lenovo it suggests changing the BIOS...but when I press F1 it just boots up to Windows. I've tried it lots of times and it still continues to Windiows,

Any ideas as it's seriously p*ssing me off.!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Do you mean removing the touchpad/mouse drivers please?

I got the laptop from ebay (selling ex=company laptops) and the only problems I've found so far is the battery and the touchpad.
    cheers

mystokie, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working

1. Touchpad lenovo y540 stop working - Similar Threads - Touchpad lenovo y540

2. Touchpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working.: Hello there,I was doing work on my computer last night and all of a sudden the touchpad stopped working. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver, and now I don't know what to do to fix it....
  3. Lenovo touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo touchpad not working: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad I340-15RIH gaming, with a Windows 10 operating system. For some odd reason, my touchpad doesn't seem to be working, and I have no clue why. Pressing any combination of f6 doesn't seem to show any indication that my touchpad is being enabled or...
  4. Lenovo touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo touchpad not working: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad I340-15RIH gaming, with a Windows 10 operating system. For some odd reason, my touchpad doesn't seem to be working, and I have no clue why. Pressing any combination of f6 doesn't seem to show any indication that my touchpad is being enabled or...
  5. Lenovo touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Touchpad stopped working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working!: So, I've been trying to fix it, but didn't find a solution, cause when I restart or turn on my laptop, in the lock screen my touchpad is working but then when I unlock it the pointer disappears and it stops working.Please help!...
  7. Touchpad stopped working!

Touchpad stopped working!: So, I've been trying to fix it, but didn't find a solution, cause when I restart or turn on my laptop, in the lock screen my touchpad is working but then when I unlock it the pointer disappears and it stops working.Please help!...
  8. touchpad stopped working .

touchpad stopped working .: I am using windows 10 on my acer laptop. Suddenly touchpad stopped working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-stopped-working/0b4304d1-b2f0-4119-98d7-47be375d4eb4
  9. Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working: I tried a lot of troubleshooting actions to fix the touchpad but it still isn’t working: I reinstalled the drivers from Lenovo website. Installed Driver Booster, the 3rd party software. If I go to Mouse settings > advanced settings - I see an error message "set user...
  10. Touchpad not working. (Lenovo Laptop)

Touchpad not working. (Lenovo Laptop): My touchpad isn't working on my laptop, I have tried many different ways to make it work, but it never did. I have tried installing the driver from Lenovo's site. I have tried uninstalling the driver to make windows try to install it again, I have even tried using third party...