Windows 10: Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

Discus and support Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5505 and a rather big issue. It’s very similar to issues on here before, where an update led to the touchpad driver getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tyler Poirier1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5505 and a rather big issue. It’s very similar to issues on here before, where an update led to the touchpad driver getting messed up1 Update was installed, cursor sometimes has trouble picking up input2 Cursor disappears every time I have the misfortune to forget my current issue and close the lid/let the laptop sleep rather than shutting down.3 2 temporary solutions have surfaced, one is to get into settings, and reset all touchpad settings, the only 2 issues are….4 All but one or two times, most of the touchpad settings disappear too, including the reset butto

:)

Tyler Poirier1, Jan 25, 2023
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Left touchpad button on Alienware laptop seems malfunctional

Hi Kelsey,

To determine why you encounter this problem with your touchpad, please answer these questions:

• Do you get any notifications about the drivers on your computer?
    • Have you checked for any updates through Windows Update?
    • Have you tried using an external mouse?
    Let's diagnose your hardware and devices on the computer to identify and fix issues that may cause the problem to happen. Follow these steps:

• Click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left panel.
    • Open Hardware and Devices.
    • Click OK if you get a prompt window.
    • Run the troubleshooter.
    It will check for any problems with your device drivers and automatically correct them.

You can also refer to this
    page
    for more suggestions in resolving the problem with your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruz San, Jan 25, 2023
  4. oturk Win User

Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

ASUS Touchpad Malfunction

Hi,

I have been having troubles with my touchpad for a few months now and none of my troubleshooting steps seem to work and the issue has actually gotten worse overtime.

I will explain the issue and the steps I've already taken to try to fix it. I have an ASUS UX360CA Notebook running windows 10 that is just over a year old now.

At first the issue started as a minor malfunction in my touchpad where the smart features (such as two-finger scroll, two finger tap to right-click, palm detection when typing, etc.) would just stop working randomly. This problem would be temporarily fixed
    when I restarted my laptop, but would quickly come back after using my laptop for a bit. The issue started occurring more frequently so I decided to contact ASUS and see if they can help fix it. I contacted them several times where they suggested I uninstall
    the driver and install it again (didn't work), reset my laptop (didn't work), and finally factory resetting my laptop (also didn't work). I've uninstalled the driver many times again and again but it never fixes the issue. I have noticed that when the smart
    features stop working I can temporarily get them to work again for a bit if I go to Device Manager and disable ASUS PTP driver and enable it again. But this only lasts a few minutes before it malfunctions again.

Recently the issue became much worse. Now not only do the smart features stop working (which still happens on its own) but shortly after the touchpad completely stops working. When this happens sometimes after a few minutes the touchpad starts working again
    but without the smart features. BUT once this happens even though it starts working again, following a restart or a hibernation the touchpad does not work and never starts working again unless I restart my laptop 5-6 times. When I go to Device Manager the
    ASUS PTP driver is not even there anymore, and further another driver called I2C HID Device (one of the two that are there) has a yellow triangle beside it and when clicked on says "This device cannot start". I have tried uninstalling this driver and restarting
    my laptop but that didn't work either.

I have tried everything possible to try to fix this issue but nothing is working. I am a student so I really depend on the touchpad heavily. I am using a portable wireless mouse for the meantime but this cannot be a permanent solution for me. I really hope
    there is some kind of fix or something I can do. Please help.

oturk, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

1. Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues. - Similar Threads - Touchpad malfunction causing

2. Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5505 and a rather big issue. It’s very similar to issues on here before, where an update led to the touchpad driver getting messed up1 Update was installed, cursor sometimes has trouble picking up input2 Cursor disappears every time I have the...
  3. Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning

Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 3 and just today, my touchpad started malfunctioning. I can still move it to any direction I want to however I can't click anything. I tried updating it on the Device Manager but it still won't work so it is a hassle for me. My mouse is...
  4. touchpad malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad malfunction: hi , i own HP pavilion gaming 16-a0xxx. My touch doesnt work. the i2c hid device doesnt work and it says This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.please provide help....
  5. touchpad malfunction

touchpad malfunction: hi , i own HP pavilion gaming 16-a0xxx. My touch doesnt work. the i2c hid device doesnt work and it says This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.please provide help....
  6. Touchpad malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad malfunction: Hiya! I own a HP 15 laptop.I bought this laptop in November 2020.Recently I have been facing an issue with my trackpad being unresponsive.The cursor lags sometimes and sometimes completly refuses to move after i press ctrl+alt+delete and shut it down and boot it up the issue...
  7. Major touchpad problems

Major touchpad problems: HiI've had a problem on and off with my touchpad not working. Usually I have just been able to restart my computer a couple of times and it would start working again. A couple of days ago however it stopped working for good and I have tried a bunch of things to get it working...
  8. Touchpad Malfunction...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Malfunction...: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop (with touchscreen), but ever since I installed the latest software update, my mousepad had been acting funny. Whenever I close and re-open the laptop, the mousepad becomes completely unresponsive. I’ve tried updating my drivers, I’ve tried...
  9. Touchpad malfunctioning

Touchpad malfunctioning: In my lenovo laptop, the touchpad was malfunctioning so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but since then, whenever I move my mouse over any file or select it, it automatically starts getting deleted so many times. Please tell me how to fix this issue....
  10. Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a windows 10. I spilled water slightly on my touchpad, and now I cannot move my mouse, it spazzes out and I have to use the touch screen to click on anything. I cleaned up the water on the touchpad and whatever fell on the keyboard as well, but my keyboard is working...