Windows 10: Touchpad malfunction

Discus and support Touchpad malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hiya! I own a HP 15 laptop.I bought this laptop in November 2020.Recently I have been facing an issue with my trackpad being unresponsive.The cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NikashKhurana, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Touchpad malfunction

Hiya! I own a HP 15 laptop.I bought this laptop in November 2020.Recently I have been facing an issue with my trackpad being unresponsive.The cursor lags sometimes and sometimes completly refuses to move after i press ctrl+alt+delete and shut it down and boot it up the issue gest fixed temporarily.Restarting the pc has no effects.The keyboard works completly fine though.My Specs areTouchpad malfunction :processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed- RAM 8.00 GB 5.92 GB usable System type- 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch -No pen or touch input is availa

:)

NikashKhurana, Aug 28, 2021

2. Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, Aug 28, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Touchpad malfunction

Touchpad Button Malfunction

The left button on my touchpad developed a hard to describe malfunction. Turning on right-handed mode improved the functionality, but accidentally clicking the left button creates a complicated, frustrating situated which can usually only be resolved by restarting. Is there something in the settings or the registry which can disable the button until I get it fixed?

gregyurkon, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad malfunction

1. Touchpad malfunction - Similar Threads - Touchpad malfunction

2. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.: About a month ago my laptop lost charge during my commute. Upon charging and start up I could not access my computer since my keyboard and touchpad were not responsive and only the power button would respond. The computer would sometimes display a blue screen with the 'DPC...
  3. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.: About a month ago my laptop lost charge during my commute. Upon charging and start up I could not access my computer since my keyboard and touchpad were not responsive and only the power button would respond. The computer would sometimes display a blue screen with the 'DPC...
  4. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5505 and a rather big issue. It’s very similar to issues on here before, where an update led to the touchpad driver getting messed up1 Update was installed, cursor sometimes has trouble picking up input2 Cursor disappears every time I have the...
  6. Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5505 and a rather big issue. It’s very similar to issues on here before, where an update led to the touchpad driver getting messed up1 Update was installed, cursor sometimes has trouble picking up input2 Cursor disappears every time I have the...
  7. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire: Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also...
  8. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire: Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also...
  9. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning

Lenovo Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 3 and just today, my touchpad started malfunctioning. I can still move it to any direction I want to however I can't click anything. I tried updating it on the Device Manager but it still won't work so it is a hassle for me. My mouse is...