Windows 10: Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

Discus and support Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after last installation Win10 20H2, was lost functionality of middle touchpad button - click on link in Edge, was opened web page in new tab.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MilanSalka, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

Hello,

after last installation Win10 20H2, was lost functionality of middle touchpad button - click on link in Edge, was opened web page in new tab.

How can be this functionality again added?

Thank you.

:)

MilanSalka, Oct 23, 2020

2. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Set new tab to open a specifc page

Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here.

When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites.

I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same thing, I already know about them. I'm asking specifically about the new tab page.

I know it's not a big deal, it's just one of the annoyances I have with Edge. I'm trying to make a serious effort to use Edge instead of IE, this is part of that effort.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Ztruker, Oct 23, 2020
  4. skiahh Win User

Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

1. Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab - Similar Threads - Touchpad middle button

2. File explorer opening in new tab middle click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opening in new tab middle click: I have windows 11, and I used to be able to click the mouse wheel over a folder in file explorer to open that folder in a new tab. But I added something to a registry to get rid of the "show more" button in the context menu and go back to the windows 10 context menu. I'm...
  3. File explorer opening in new tab middle click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer opening in new tab middle click: I have windows 11, and I used to be able to click the mouse wheel over a folder in file explorer to open that folder in a new tab. But I added something to a registry to get rid of the "show more" button in the context menu and go back to the windows 10 context menu. I'm...
  4. Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab: I have a Steelseries Aerox 3, recently the middle click has completely stopped working and I am wondering if its Windows or the mouse, I've looked on various sites for a fix to this but none work or even apply to me. I know ctrl click and other stuff like that exist, but its...
  5. Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab: I have a Steelseries Aerox 3, recently the middle click has completely stopped working and I am wondering if its Windows or the mouse, I've looked on various sites for a fix to this but none work or even apply to me. I know ctrl click and other stuff like that exist, but its...
  6. Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad: Good morning, This might be an age old question but I need to find a way to perform this if I dont have a mouse with the notebook. CAD software traditionally use middle button drag for panning a drawing sheet or rotating the 3D model. Currently the left button drag mode...
  7. Problem with working of middle button on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with working of middle button on touchpad: Recently I started my laptop in the morning and I came to realize that that Middle Click on my touchpad was not working. I tried installing the drivers and all but Then after another problem arise. that my two-finger and tree finger gestures stooped working. and that driver...
  8. Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge: Hi In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab? Thanks Bye 22716
  9. Windows loading wheel spins with each new tab/web page opened

in Browsers and Email
    Windows loading wheel spins with each new tab/web page opened: I don't think it is Chrome as it does not do it at all on my Win7 device. I know Windows 10 handles information in memory different than Win 7 and Chrome opens every tab and extension as it own space. So is Win 10 doing something either with Chrome or other apps in...
  10. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab: This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so...