Windows 10: Touchpad, Mouse and AC Adapter malfunction after Update February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS...

Discus and support Touchpad, Mouse and AC Adapter malfunction after Update February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent update - February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS Build 17134.590) - installed itself, my HP laptop running Windows 10 no longer recognizes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VeraFrickes, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Touchpad, Mouse and AC Adapter malfunction after Update February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS...

After the recent update - February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS Build 17134.590) - installed itself, my HP laptop running Windows 10 no longer recognizes my optical USB mouse (it is supplied with electricity, as the light works, but there is no reaction to any command). The built-in touchpad is even worse. It recognizes touch, but the reaction is completely random. The cursor jumps in any direction and perfoms right clicks, left clicks, double clicks, drags files around, as if possessed by a ghost. Finally, my AC adapter makes this high pitched humming noise since the update and it gets really, really hot, even while the laptop is idling. Hotter than anything I have experienced even during the summer time at high performance.

I have tried to update any related drivers. Deleted the drivers, reinstalled the drivers. Deleted the update, reinstalled the update. All to no avail. I am at a loss.

Does anyone have any other ideas I could try or does any official microsoft person know if someone is looking into these problems and working on a fix?

:)

VeraFrickes, Feb 13, 2019
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Bump anyone got any suggestion on how to fix my problem? My touchpad not being on the mice and other poiting devices really bothers me, i think its malfunctioning and hi-jacking my mouse to function

cauyao615, Feb 13, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Touchpad, Mouse and AC Adapter malfunction after Update February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS...

Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad, Mouse and AC Adapter malfunction after Update February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS...

1. Touchpad, Mouse and AC Adapter malfunction after Update February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS... - Similar Threads - Touchpad Mouse Adapter

2. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.: About a month ago my laptop lost charge during my commute. Upon charging and start up I could not access my computer since my keyboard and touchpad were not responsive and only the power button would respond. The computer would sometimes display a blue screen with the 'DPC...
  3. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.: About a month ago my laptop lost charge during my commute. Upon charging and start up I could not access my computer since my keyboard and touchpad were not responsive and only the power button would respond. The computer would sometimes display a blue screen with the 'DPC...
  4. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. KB4487017 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4487017 Update Problems: Hello, i am having now kinda annoying problems with the KB4487017 cumulative update. For over a week now, the update always fails to complete when i restart laptop, even tho the Update Uninstall Manager does say that this update is already installed on my laptop. I dont know...
  6. February 2019 Features Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    February 2019 Features Update: During a video conversion session on my Windows 10 PC last weekend, Windows Update notified me that there was a major "Features" update waiting to be downloaded and installed. I cleared my desktop and proceeded with the update. It took about 20 minutes and several restarts to...
  7. Bugs following update KB4487017 installed on the 13/02/2019

Bugs following update KB4487017 installed on the 13/02/2019: Hello, Following the last update (see title of the post), I got two issues: 1- Longer booting time, my computer has an SSD hard drive and it normally boots in a blink of an eye. Now it takes twice as much time. During the booting, I get the normal windows loading image and...
  8. Win Update KB4487017

Win Update KB4487017: Windows Update is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-update-kb4487017/1d0514f4-4c60-4a37-9b8a-fdcbd220fe6d
  9. Xbox One OS Update 10.0.17763.4085 (1902.190131-1620) - February 12

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One OS Update 10.0.17763.4085 (1902.190131-1620) - February 12: OS version - 10.0.17763.4085 (rs5_release_xbox_dev_ 1902.190131-1620) Release date 2/12/2018 Audio Added reliability fixes to Cortana. Unplugging a headset during video playback no longer results in audio loss before video playback freezes. Made audio system upgrades when...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4487017 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.590 - Feb. 12

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4487017 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.590 - Feb. 12: February 12, 2019 - KB4487017 (OS Build 17134.590) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1803 Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include: Addresses an issue that...
Tags: