Windows 10: Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?

Discus and support Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've recently noticed that when I'm home using my laptop/netbook, it's an iOTA Slim FHD - (Intel Quad Core Pentium N4200 (Burst 2.5GHz) Processor, 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JMOSmith, Mar 11, 2019.

1. JMOSmith Win User

Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?

So I've recently noticed that when I'm home using my laptop/netbook, it's an iOTA Slim FHD - (Intel Quad Core Pentium N4200 (Burst 2.5GHz) Processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC Storage, QWERTY UK Keyboard, Windows 10). The strange thing is, that this doesn't happen during the day whilst in class.

The main problem is the cursor jumps in weird directions as I move it, when I let go, it shoots across the screen, it strafes to the right when I'm pulling it left, clicking and dragging the bar doesn't work, then sometimes it does work. Luckily I've got a wireless mouse but this is really annoying.

I've tried updating my drivers which are up to date. I recently had my laptop formatted by Microsoft IT customer services via remote services, so that I could update Windows 10. This is the only thing that I think is causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JMOSmith, Mar 11, 2019

2. Mouse cursor randomly jumping in opposite direction

My mouse cursor randomly starts moving in the opposite direction I move it in. quite often it just shoots into the corners/side of my screen, and I have to wait until I can start using my pc again. it never clicks or scrolls, just moves. I've tried 3 mice, 3 USB ports, 3 OS's (1 Old windows 10, 1 Linux, 1 clean win 10), updating/ uninstalling drivers, and nothing works. even the sfc/scannow command does nothing. the clean install was made using a different pc, so I think it could be something wrong with the hardware. Also, this happens in all apps. any more suggestions on what to do?

PC specs:

Rowan Radosav - McRae, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Mouse pointer goes opposite direction

I Built my pc a little over 6 months ago. I noticed the problem like 3 months ago. Some changes i have made to my pc has been removing mouse acceleration and enhance precision--thats about it. i never played around with anything else. this problem happens
    on any app or page i am in (even on desktop). all i have to do is swipe my mouse fast enough and the cursor goes to the direction i am intending to but half way there turns back and sometimes goes to a corner in the screen. in game what happens is my screen
    stops and goes the wrong direction--and sometimes i just start spinning with no need of me to keep swiping my mouse. some things i have tried to resolve this is uninstalling/installing the driver--tried updating but it says its the latest driver. i restored
    all acceleration settings and nothing.

JeffreyCruz, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?

Mouse pointer goes opposite direction

does anyone know why my pointer goes the opposite way when I swipe my mouse fast. is it my mouse pad? ive searched things and nothing that helps has come up. I play games, more accurately fps games. I cant turn around fast because then I go the opposite
    way or I start going on circles.

JeffreyCruz, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?

1. Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction? - Similar Threads - Touchpad mouse cursor

2. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  3. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  4. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  6. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  7. Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC: [IMG]Some Windows users have reported that their mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction. When they move their mouse to the left, the cursor moves to the right and vice-versa. According to them, restarting the device fixes the issue but the problem appears again...
  8. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: I bought a new mouse Jelly Comb MV09F Vertical Wireless Mouse about 6 months ago, and it was working just fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now when I am scrolling up or down, every few "scrolls" it will "jump" in the opposite direction. It happens frequently enough such that it...
  9. Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 1850 - scrolling wheel jumps in opposite direction

Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 1850 - scrolling wheel jumps in opposite direction: When using the scroll wheel to scroll down or up, the screen often jumps in reverse direction. This happens randomly (from every 3d to every 8th step of the wheel). The issue has existed ever since we obtained the mouse years ago. It was hardly ever used because the scrolling...
  10. Mouse goes opposite direction

Mouse goes opposite direction: My Synaptics mouse goes in the opposite direction on my laptop. How can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-goes-opposite-direction/2469d1a7-27e9-4eda-b8bb-38eb9dbf5654

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse moving opposite direction

2. touchpad cursor moving in opposite direction

3. my pointer has change driection suddenly.

4. cursor moving in opposite direction lenovo yoga