Windows 10: Touchpad mouse has stopped working

Discus and support Touchpad mouse has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Touchpad mouse on my HP Envy m6 Sleekbook has suddenly stopped working. I am not aware of any specific action I took which led to this happening.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hm8, Mar 15, 2021.

1. HM8
    hm8 Win User

Touchpad mouse has stopped working

The Touchpad mouse on my HP Envy m6 Sleekbook has suddenly stopped working. I am not aware of any specific action I took which led to this happening.

If I go to device manager, the touchpad driver does not show up. If I check "Show hidden devices", it then does show up (Synaptics SMBus ClickPad), but with a small yellow "alert" triangle over the icon. If I open the device properties, the device status is listed as "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)".

Things I have tried:
    -Installing the latest version of the driver from here
    -Uninstalling the device from device manager, and restarting my computer
    -doing a System Restore to a recent date when the TouchPad was working.

My Windows version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867)

:)

2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Mar 15, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Touchpad mouse has stopped working - Similar Threads - Touchpad mouse has

2. Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often: Every so often, my touchpad and the mouse stop working. This is causing a severe lag in my work.I have a Lenovo IdeaPad i5 laptop. I keep enabling and disabling the drivers, but the drivers often fail. I need to check for driver updates and software updates initially on a...
  3. Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse and touchpad stop working often: Every so often, my touchpad and the mouse stop working. This is causing a severe lag in my work.I have a Lenovo IdeaPad i5 laptop. I keep enabling and disabling the drivers, but the drivers often fail. I need to check for driver updates and software updates initially on a...
  4. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  5. Touchpad has stopped working

Touchpad has stopped working: My touchpad does not work anymore. It is meant to activate when I unplug my mouse but it doesn't anymore. I tried reinstalling the drivers and pretty much everything you can do in device manager, as well as in touchpad settings. I have an Acer Swift 3, any help is...
  6. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  7. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  8. touchpad has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad has stopped working: Hi, I have got a Lenovo G50 laptop and my touch pad has just stopped working, has anyone got any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/touchpad-has-stopped-working/652e0d18-f543-4a46-bdeb-3dae23236958
  9. My touchpad has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My touchpad has stopped working: A few weeks ago my touchpad suddenly stopped working in my windows 10 Lenovo laptop. I tried everything I could think of to solve the problem, going through settings, control panel and troubleshooter etc. Nothing I tried has worked so far. The only way I have been able to use...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...