Windows 10: touchpad mouse icon lightwire

Discus and support touchpad mouse icon lightwire in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop touchpad mouse icon light has come on. Not sure how to turn off. My wired mouse is working properly. Just not sure how to turn off mouse icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adubman, Dec 12, 2018.

1. adubman Win User

touchpad mouse icon lightwire

My laptop touchpad mouse icon light has come on. Not sure how to turn off. My wired mouse is working properly. Just not sure how to turn off mouse icon light on touchpad. Thanks in advance!

:)

adubman, Dec 12, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Nikwhoo Win User
    Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

As far as the Microsoft Surface Pro many of you are having trouble with follow these steps:

• Click on the windows icon.
    • Click on the settings icon.
    • Choose Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse).
    • Look in the left-side column, click on Touchpad.
    • Now you may choose to turn your touchpad off.
    • However, make sure the box below is unchecked before you turn it off, to keep the touchpad off when your mouse is connected.

I hope these steps were helpful, saved you some time, and reduced your stress level.

Take care!!!

Nikwhoo, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. touchpad mouse icon lightwire - Similar Threads - touchpad mouse icon

2. mouse and touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse and touchpad: win 10 dell 15-3567 A few days ago, I noticed when on line and trying to scrolldown by placing my cursor over the scroll bar on right side of page it either willnot move the the bar, or it will move it in the reverse direction I want it tomove. I am using a dell touch...
  3. Mouse and Touchpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Touchpad: Mouse keeps freezing and left click opens options menu. How do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-touchpad/f699d358-d966-4fc1-b785-3a7c3bc1cad0
  4. Touchpad and mouse

Touchpad and mouse: i have a laptop so it has a touchpad i used it when i try to launch windows games, and original dosbox they are not launch just because of i havent a mouse svn dosbox builds dosbox-x, dosbox-daum, dosbox-staging do not have that issue i bought a cheap mouse, windows games...
  5. MOUSE / TOUCHPAD

MOUSE / TOUCHPAD: I use an HP Desktop and Laptop and a Microsoft Surface. Since the most recent Windows update, the double click on the mouse and touchpads on all devices no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-touchpad/0233cb6a-bbdc-4993-aece-93ca161a422b
  6. mouse/touchpad

mouse/touchpad: Hello. I have a HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10. I want to disable my touchpad. I clicked disable on the device manager but it had no effect. Double-tapping on the upper-left of the pad also has no effect. None of the function keys have the desired effect either. I was...
  7. ‎Mouse/Touchpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ‎Mouse/Touchpad: Been trying for days looking for instructions on how to enable both mouse and touch pad to switch from one to the other and I'm going insane!! PLEASE do not send info on how to enable one OR the other! I want to have the option to use both. Why is it SO HARD to find this...
  8. Touchpad/Mouse

Touchpad/Mouse: Hi Everyone, I just finished a Windows Update that took several hours, a couple of days ago. I am now having issues with my cursor hovering and changing placement based on where the cursor is. I have muted and unmuted myself on conference calls just because cursor was...
  9. touchpad mouse

touchpad mouse: on my dell laptop my touchpad mouse is uncontrollable....it doesn't move where I want it to go help me fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse/5551ba2b-eaee-4826-a02f-2f796a54d0d8
  10. touchpad to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad to mouse: I need help. I recently connected/paired my Logitech bluetooth mouth to my laptop for school work purposes. Though, I do not want to have to carry it around everywhere i go for class. So how would I be able to switch from the Logitech bluetooth mouse to using my touchpad and...