Windows 10: Touchpad & mouse not correctly working

Discus and support Touchpad & mouse not correctly working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello dear r/Windows10 my girlfriend and i recently bought two identical laptops (Honor Magicbook 14. Which should the be same as the Huawei Matebook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HoeRak, Jul 8, 2020.

1. /u/HoeRak Win User

Touchpad & mouse not correctly working

Hello dear r/Windows10

my girlfriend and i recently bought two identical laptops (Honor Magicbook 14. Which should the be same as the Huawei Matebook 14, but with a 256GB instead of 512GB SSD). And we both have the same problem. The touchpad sometimes just doesn't respond to our input. I added a video so you can see exactly i mean. This problem happens on both our devices, no matter who uses it. All drivers are up to date and we also have the latest windows updates installed. A fadctory reset didn't help. Huawei/Honor can't really help us and told us to go to a Huawei Service Store(of which there exists exactly one in our entire country). The problem also persits if we use a bluetooth/usb mouse. Anybody experienced this before? Any help is appreciated

https://reddit.com/link/hnkbag/video/mnrpj7tzun951/player

submitted by /u/HoeRak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HoeRak, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Touchpad not working correctly!

Hi Moosa,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried to restart your computer?

If yes, and the issue still persists, we suggest that you use a mouse to troubleshoot the touchpad then follow these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound to the options listed.
    • Choose Devices and Printers.
    • Choose the driver for your touchpad.
    • Right click then select Troubleshoot.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Jul 8, 2020
  3. cauyao615 Win User
    Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jul 8, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Touchpad & mouse not correctly working - Similar Threads - Touchpad mouse correctly

2. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  3. Touchpad does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad does not work correctly: My Dell G5 5587 is on it's third Precision Touchpad. Currently there seems to be 2 different issues. First is that sometimes the cursor will not respond correctly. You move your finger and the cursor doesn't move or moves and then stops. It has done this before and I...
  4. Touchpad does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad does not work correctly: My Dell G5 5587 is on it's third Precision Touchpad. Currently there seems to be 2 different issues. First is that sometimes the cursor will not respond correctly. You move your finger and the cursor doesn't move or moves and then stops. It has done this before and I...
  5. Touchpad does not work correctly

6. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  7. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  8. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...