Windows 10: touchpad/mouse unresponsive every time I stop moving it for more than a few seconds

Discus and support touchpad/mouse unresponsive every time I stop moving it for more than a few seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed in the past that sometimes it seems like the mouse goes into some kind of sleep mode, but starts working an instant after I start moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NeverTellLies, Apr 29, 2020.

1. touchpad/mouse unresponsive every time I stop moving it for more than a few seconds

I've noticed in the past that sometimes it seems like the mouse goes into some kind of sleep mode, but starts working an instant after I start moving it again. Suddenly, any time I stop moving it for literally 5 seconds (more than 3 seconds, definitely shorter than 10 seconds), it takes an extra few second to get any response from the mouse (logitech, bluetooth) or from the onboard touchpad. The bluetooth mouse takes a little longer to resume working, but both create such an annoying lag that I can't get any work done right now.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem? I can't find any relevant power settings or anything related specifically to the mouse. I would blame the mouse but I get a similar problem with the touchpad.

(Dell 7390 2-in-1, previously working)

submitted by /u/NeverTellLies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NeverTellLies, Apr 29, 2020

2. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

Ive updated the Windows to 1903 as suggested and downloaded the Synaptic touchpad driver. Still having the problem. To reiterate, I have a one second delay after typing before i can move mouse. And when i hold down
    a key i cant move my mouse which makes gaming impossible.

Taraku2008, Apr 29, 2020
  3. cauyao615 Win User
    Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Maverix Win User

touchpad/mouse unresponsive every time I stop moving it for more than a few seconds

Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself

I am using Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413) on HP Notebook 1000. And just for reference I have encountered this issue in previous versions of Windows 10 as well. Every time I clean install Windows 10 and update to install drivers, it will work fine for about 1-2 months and then suddenly out of nowhere touchpad will either stops working or keeps moving itself after 5-10 minutes of restart ( even if I don't update Windows, means same drivers version ).

Right now I have installed version 19.3.31.16 of Synaptics pointing device drivers. But I have tried to solve this issue by installing previous version of drivers as well ( version 8.xx, 10.xx, 17.xx, 19.0.19.1 ). After installing drivers the first time it works fine for about 15 minutes and then same issue!

I have noticed this btw:
    • Every time I put the laptop to sleep and then log on, touchpad works fine for about 5 minutes.
    • Every time I restart the laptop, it works fine for about 5 minutes.
    • Even If I uninstall the drivers and use basic drivers by Windows 10, the same thing happens. Touchpad keeps flickering, moving itself or would just stop working.
    • Sometimes Upper right or left corner of touchpad will work fine while the rest of the area is unresponsive.

Have anybody else encountered this issue? How did you resolve it? I don't wanna install Windows again or keep restarting my laptop.

Maverix, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

touchpad/mouse unresponsive every time I stop moving it for more than a few seconds

1. touchpad/mouse unresponsive every time I stop moving it for more than a few seconds - Similar Threads - touchpad mouse unresponsive

2. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  3. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  4. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle: Hello,I've got an Asus laptop G533QS with windows 11 and I'm experiencing this annoying thing, which seems to be on purpose, when the touchpad stops responding for a few seconds after it's been left idle for about 5 seconds. The lag for it to respond varies from 1s to 3s....
  6. Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle

Touchpad unresponsive for a few seconds after being idle: Hello,I've got an Asus laptop G533QS with windows 11 and I'm experiencing this annoying thing, which seems to be on purpose, when the touchpad stops responding for a few seconds after it's been left idle for about 5 seconds. The lag for it to respond varies from 1s to 3s....
  7. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows unresponsive for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows unresponsive for a few seconds: Hello, I have been having this problem since Windows 7 (now upgraded to 10) and on several computers. The system hangs for a few seconds and becomes unresponsive. If I try to click around, the explorer.exe stops working and closes. I usually cannot click on the taskbar but...