Windows 10: touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow

Discus and support touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i was texting with my friends on discord just about 30 minutes ago, my mousepad was acting fine and moving at the normal speed. i closed the tab and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by s_ophia, May 29, 2020.

1. s_ophia Win User

touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow

i was texting with my friends on discord just about 30 minutes ago, my mousepad was acting fine and moving at the normal speed. i closed the tab and went afk for a few minutes, i came back and my mousepad was sooo slow. i can move it still, but its so slow that its just annoying me so much. i cant do anything about it. ive looked it up and found nothing to help fix it, can someone help??

:)

s_ophia, May 29, 2020
  2. LuisBarba Win User

freezing mousepad/touchpad

hello, i've been having an issue with my touchpad/mousepad. i recently upgraded to windows 10, and ever since whenever i use the keyboard, just by touching any key the mousepad will freeze and remain inactive for about 5 seconds.

Hp pavilon.

LuisBarba, May 29, 2020
  3. freezing mousepad/touchpad

Hi Luis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Method: 1

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    You may also refer to the link below which can help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...yboard-problems-in-windows?T1=tab04#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 29, 2020
  4. touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow

super slow

Hi Mehedy,

PC performance might slow down due to a possible corrupted system file, high CPU, memory, or disk usage, hardware failures or software conflicts. For us to narrow down the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • On which activity does your PC slows down?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the given methods on this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 29, 2020
Thema:

touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow

1. touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow - Similar Threads - touchpad mousepad randomly

2. My mousepad is lagging and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mousepad is lagging and slow: This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works....
  3. My mousepad is lagging and slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mousepad is lagging and slow: This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works....
  4. touchpad lagging and super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad lagging and super slow: I have recently noticed a massive change in the touchpad sensitivity, it is no longer precise and lags loads, I have tried to change the settings to account for this, as well as installing/updating drivers. I am not sure why this has started. I recently updated my laptop so...
  5. touchpad lagging and super slow

touchpad lagging and super slow: I have recently noticed a massive change in the touchpad sensitivity, it is no longer precise and lags loads, I have tried to change the settings to account for this, as well as installing/updating drivers. I am not sure why this has started. I recently updated my laptop so...
  6. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  7. windows 11 super super slow

windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  8. Super slow computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Super slow computer: My friends computer suddenly runs super slow after starting up it today. Yesterday it was no problem but suddenly today it took ages just for him to start up the computer. What could be the problem?...
  9. Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed: This started recently where my mouse would sometimes malfunction where it would do one of two things. So my mouse would be completely fine when used from starting up my laptop and a few minutes later, it might slow down. It isn't delayed, it is just less responsive and less...
  10. Laptop randomly became super laggy and now can’t change brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly became super laggy and now can’t change brightness: I was on my laptop yesterday and everything was running fine. My laptop is normally slow and games can be a bit laggy, but still bearable. Randomly, it restarted and ever since that, games have been extremely laggy. It lags and glitches in the main menu. I cant even play...