Windows 10: Touchpad no longer working

Discus and support Touchpad no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says! It occured (maybe coincidentally) after a Windows 10 update a couple of days ago. I have done the obvious, Fn and F7 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J0DIE, Oct 11, 2019.

1. J0DIE Win User

Touchpad no longer working

As the title says!

It occured (maybe coincidentally) after a Windows 10 update a couple of days ago.

I have done the obvious, Fn and F7 but that didn't work.

I have gone back a build on Windows 10.

Installed and update drivers from the manufacturers (Acer) website.

And performed a reset.

All to no avail.

Acer want a repair but I can't afford the assessment and eventual repair, also I'm back doing uni work and it's all online.

Microsoft Help on Twitter has directed me to do all of the above.

I'm at a loss.

If you can help, then please treat me like the idiot I am when it comes to anything tech related!

Thank you.

Picture:

Mouse etc. settings only shows when the external mouse is connected. So I am unable to follow the given instructions from the recommended help pages as what I need to click on isn't there (even with the ex. mouse in).

Touchpad no longer working c55c245a-8a8b-4642-a869-1a46a8b41d44?upload=true.png

:)

J0DIE, Oct 11, 2019

2. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 11, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Touchpad no longer working

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad no longer working

1. Touchpad no longer working - Similar Threads - Touchpad longer working

2. Toshiba Notebook touchpad no longer works - driver disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Notebook touchpad no longer works - driver disappeared.: Hi My touchpad in Toshiba Notebook stopped working recently and in the Device Manager there no longer seem to be a driver for the touchpad. How do I get/download a new driver or fix the problem? Also, I am running windows 8.1....
  3. Toshiba Notebook touchpad no longer works - driver disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Notebook touchpad no longer works - driver disappeared.: Hi My touchpad in Toshiba Notebook stopped working recently and in the Device Manager there no longer seem to be a driver for the touchpad. How do I get/download a new driver or fix the problem? Also, I am running windows 8.1....
  4. Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating: Hello, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a really a techy person so I may not know all the terms and whatnot. Anyways, I had an old HP Stream 11 laying around and decided to update it to Windows 10. I updated it by downloading the update to a flash drive and used...
  5. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works: I have an ASUS 541U laptop 64-bit OS, x64-based processor- after the latest update of Windows 10 the Fn + F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works. It just can't be disabled or enabled. All other Fn-hotkeys work normally. I can Enable or Disable Touchpad...
  6. TouchPad is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TouchPad is not working: My computer has updated and Touchpad stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-is-not-working/948f108a-73a7-4dba-a6f6-00addb9ac480
  7. My touchpad is missing from the Device Manager and is no longer working

My touchpad is missing from the Device Manager and is no longer working: Hi, I have a brand new Lenovo LAPTOP-A11TUN29 with Windows 10 Pro. I was searching for information on reversing the direction of the touchpad scrolling. I came across information on a thread here about updating drivers. After doing so and restarting my computer, the...
  8. Touchpad no longer working on my Samsung Notebook Odyssey

Touchpad no longer working on my Samsung Notebook Odyssey: I've been looking all over the place for an answer to this problem so I figured that I would try here as a last resort. Basically, my touchpad no longer works. When I plug in a USB mouse, my cursor is brought back. The driver for the touchpad is the latest version except it...
  9. Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers

Touchpad no longer showing in Devices & Printers: My touchpad has stopped working and although I thought it would be under Devices and Printers I am unable to find it anywhere I am working on an ACER Aspire E 15...
  10. Touchpad will not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad will not work: I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I have tried the following - uninstalling and reinstalling drivers - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and...