Windows 10: touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup

Discus and support touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Terrarian03 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Terrarian03, Dec 11, 2020.

1. touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup

/u/Terrarian03, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Sue1988 Win User

no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

The cursor stopped appearing on the screen and the touchpad isn't responding.

Sue1988, Dec 11, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup

1. touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup - Similar Threads - touchpad responding appears

2. New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?: Freshly installed Win11 22H2 on my 3600/b450/1060gtx machine. For some reason Windows didn't install any update whatsoever during its installation. Before using windows update, I decided to manually install the latest driver for every component. To prevent any conflicts i...
  3. New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Home icon very briefly appeared and vanished on my desktop. Why?: Freshly installed Win11 22H2 on my 3600/b450/1060gtx machine. For some reason Windows didn't install any update whatsoever during its installation. Before using windows update, I decided to manually install the latest driver for every component. To prevent any conflicts i...
  4. BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP: The last few times I have booted up my computer it has taken longer than usual. A black screen appears for about 8 seconds before it successfully boots. I have an SSD drive, so it normally boots very rapidly. I had run Powershell chkdsk /x /f /r and boot up was fine afterward...
  5. Desktop Briefly flashs at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Briefly flashs at startup: after logging on my computer, it loads my desktop with my background and taskbar. Then starts flashing rapidly between black nothingness and a my desktop (taskbar flashes glitchily as well) And then another 30ish seconds it all goes back to normal and the computer works...
  6. No internet briefly after startup/sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet briefly after startup/sleep.: My PC has no internet briefly after startup or when waking up from sleep. When i managed to catch it with troubleshooter it told me i have no ethernet cable connected the seconds later connected to the internet. I tried to disable powersaving mode on the adapter, it had no...
  7. TouchPad is not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TouchPad is not responding: Hi Microsoft team, I have been using my touchpad every day and now since 1h I cannot use it anymore and not even sure I can find it in the Device Manager. I can use my keyboard but not the touchpad I can use my USB/bluetooth mouse tho. Would you mind to advise me or how...
  8. touchpad not responding

touchpad not responding: Now i have tried restarting my computer, updating and i even reset it but still my touchpad is unresponsive. I followed every youtube video on the subject which was difficult, since the my Hp computers setting seemed to have deleted the touchpad/clickpad from its setting and...
  9. no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding: The cursor stopped appearing on the screen and the touchpad isn't responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-cursor-appearing-and-touchpad-not-responding/88592c19-e18e-4eff-9e3e-dfbc12d2259c
  10. Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys

Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys: Hey all, I upgraded to Win 10 a couple days ago after forcing it to realize that the update was available for download. It had been working fine for a few days, but today my computer crashed several times a few minutes after restarting. The usual process when this happens is...