Windows 10: touchpad not responding

Discus and support touchpad not responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Now i have tried restarting my computer, updating and i even reset it but still my touchpad is unresponsive. I followed every youtube video on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by computer:troubles, May 14, 2020.

1. touchpad not responding

Now i have tried restarting my computer, updating and i even reset it but still my touchpad is unresponsive. I followed every youtube video on the subject which was difficult, since the my Hp computers setting seemed to have deleted the touchpad/clickpad from its setting and device manager. I went on Hp to try an download the latest synaptics touchpad driver but the only one available is from 2019 and it won't download. I was going to send the product out since i have warranty but since this pandemic i need this computer more than ever, so if anyone can give me any helpful information i will be very grateful!

Than you

:)

computer:troubles, May 14, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 14, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, May 14, 2020
  4. Bahmani Win User

touchpad not responding

After I upgraded to windows 10 on my Asus S56C laptop the touchpad stopped working, any help?

I followed the steps which you suggested and still touchpad is not responding.

Bahmani, May 14, 2020
Thema:

touchpad not responding

1. touchpad not responding - Similar Threads - touchpad responding

2. touchpad not responding but windows says it's fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad not responding but windows says it's fine: Acer Aspire 5, Windows 11. Touch pad stopped working some months ago but Windows says it's fine. Windows says it doesn't have/need a driver. The fingerprint scanner in the corner of the touchpad works fine.I found this message, but it relates to a system restore which...
  3. touchpad not responding but windows says it's fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad not responding but windows says it's fine: Acer Aspire 5, Windows 11. Touch pad stopped working some months ago but Windows says it's fine. Windows says it doesn't have/need a driver. The fingerprint scanner in the corner of the touchpad works fine.I found this message, but it relates to a system restore which...
  4. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

My touchpad cursor is not being responded to: After downloading a touchpad driver on my computer, using A Windows Driver One app, my cursor stopped working and I could not get into my computer to fix it. I got a USB mouse pointer and finished the download of the touchpad driver and my cursor came back on screen and I...
  5. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touchpad cursor is not being responded to: After downloading a touchpad driver on my computer, using A Windows Driver One app, my cursor stopped working and I could not get into my computer to fix it. I got a USB mouse pointer and finished the download of the touchpad driver and my cursor came back on screen and I...
  6. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What to do if screen is not responding and not taking any inputs from keypad and touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if screen is not responding and not taking any inputs from keypad and touchpad?: On today morning my screen got stuck and not responding from then.I tried to restart by ctrl+alt+delete but no inputs from keypad are working and also from touchpad.How to bring back my screen to normal....
  8. What to do if screen is not responding and not taking any inputs from keypad and touchpad?

What to do if screen is not responding and not taking any inputs from keypad and touchpad?: On today morning my screen got stuck and not responding from then.I tried to restart by ctrl+alt+delete but no inputs from keypad are working and also from touchpad.How to bring back my screen to normal....
  9. Why is my touchpad sometimes slowly responding to my finger?

Why is my touchpad sometimes slowly responding to my finger?: Sometimes when I am navigating on the internet, the cursor will sometimes slowly move when I am using the touchpad and I don't understand why. I uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver so many times, changed the cursor speed a few times on the Settings and the issue...
  10. Why is my touchpad sometimes slowly responding to my finger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my touchpad sometimes slowly responding to my finger?: Sometimes when I am navigating on the internet, the cursor will sometimes slowly move when I am using the touchpad and I don't understand why. I uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver so many times, changed the cursor speed a few times on the Settings and the issue...