Windows 10: Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

Discus and support Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 81260db, Oct 3, 2019.

1. 81260db Win User

Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways to solve this but they don't work. I think this problem occurs when I restart my computer. thank you.

:)

81260db, Oct 3, 2019

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 3, 2019
  3. accsmoo Win User
    Touchpad scroll not working on Windows 10

My Dell Inspiron 15 came with Windows 10...the scroll function quit working. When I rolled back the driver using the steps listed above, it still didn't work...the touchpad settings disappeared and the touchpad did not even show up in the device list
    anymore...then I had to figure out how to find the correct "mouse" on the device list and restore the driver...when the driver downloaded, the touchpad settings would not open...then when I tried to open a url on a webpage, all I got was a window asking me
    if I wanted to leave this page...my recommendation is not to follow these directions...just use your up and down arrow to scroll...it will save you some trouble...

accsmoo, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

Touchpad and scrolling

Hi Andreiasq1,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the frustration when things don’t work out the way it should.

Method 1: I suggest you to try installing drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and
    check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: I suggest you to perform DISM scan and check if the issue is resolved. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

1. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update. - Similar Threads - Touchpad scrolling since

2. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  6. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  7. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  8. TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356), the scrolling feature on my laptop's touchpad ceased to work. The mouse still works from the touchpad. However, the two-finger scroll feature is no longer working. I have an ASUS laptop....
  9. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad: When my start screen isn’t open or a USB mouse isn’t plugged in, I cannot use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad. In the mouse setting I found that inactive windows option is on. I tried to update drivers with no avail. It is HPX360 laptop, a newly bought machine...
  10. Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update: Since my most recent Windows 10 update the Touchpad on my Dell Latitude laptop no longer scrolls or zooms. I have to manually update the driver upon every restart and upon waking up from sleep. How do I fix this problem so I don't have to update the drive several times a day?...