Windows 10: Touchpad not scrolling

Discus and support Touchpad not scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeowoongChang, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Touchpad not scrolling

Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang.

:)

SeowoongChang, Sep 19, 2021

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Well, there's more to report.... and possibly progress, although with a slight twist.

A conversation in another thread with @Try3 led me to a guide he had produced here about searching for drivers (in this case for a touchpad) using the Hardware ID.

So I found the ID for my touchpad and went looking. I couldn't find anything through a search on the Synaptics site. But the search led me to one or two download sites (filehippo was the one I went to) which apparently offered drivers for this touchpad. I downloaded v.19.2.17.59 - and installed it.

To my slight surprise, and great relief, the touchpad works with this more recent driver. The good news is - it now also scrolls properly in the Win10 Start Menu and in Settings pages, and in the MS Store - all the UWP-designed apps where scrolling didn't previously work.

The weird news is that in Device Manager the touchpad is now listed as a Dell touchpad. The driver still shows as manufactured by Synaptics. But the Synaptics tab for additional settings (with all the options listed in my earlier post #9) has gone.

I suppose if I had followed @Bastet 's advice to try the Precision touchpad driver, something similar would have happened?

Anyway - I suppose this is a step forward, in that the scrolling problem is resolved. No help from either the Samsung support or Synaptics websites, but ultimately this forum has both identified the cause of the problem (UWP apps - thanks @jbcarreon123 ) and suggested a solution (thanks @Try3 ) albeit carrying a Dell label.

br1anstorm, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Touchpad not scrolling

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad not scrolling

1. Touchpad not scrolling - Similar Threads - Touchpad scrolling

2. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  3. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  4. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.: My laptop's touchpad left click is working but it's right click, gestures, zoom, scroll, etc. features are not. I have checked the settings and everything is alright there, updated my drivers, restarted my pc as well but isssue still persists. Can anyone recommend what steps...
  6. My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.

My laptop's touchpad right click and scrolling and gesture features not working.: My laptop's touchpad left click is working but it's right click, gestures, zoom, scroll, etc. features are not. I have checked the settings and everything is alright there, updated my drivers, restarted my pc as well but isssue still persists. Can anyone recommend what steps...
  7. Touchpad two finger scroll not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad two finger scroll not working: My cursor randomly disappeared after a call with my friend. I couldn't move it or anything, so I restarted my laptop. After that, it was there, but it was all jumpy and slower. and scrolling doesn't work I put on higher sensitivity, and I turned off "Enhance Pointer...
  8. Touchpad two finger scroll not working

Touchpad two finger scroll not working: My cursor randomly disappeared after a call with my friend. I couldn't move it or anything, so I restarted my laptop. After that, it was there, but it was all jumpy and slower. and scrolling doesn't work I put on higher sensitivity, and I turned off "Enhance Pointer...
  9. I can't get the two-finger touchpad scroll to work on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get the two-finger touchpad scroll to work on Windows 11.: My touchpad stopped working for the two-fingered scroll. Could you please recommend what driver I should use to fix this problem? I have put the device specifications below. Thank you!Windows:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS build 22631.2715...
  10. I can't get the two-finger touchpad scroll to work on Windows 11.

I can't get the two-finger touchpad scroll to work on Windows 11.: My touchpad stopped working for the two-fingered scroll. Could you please recommend what driver I should use to fix this problem? I have put the device specifications below. Thank you!Windows:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS build 22631.2715...