Windows 10: Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

Discus and support Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AjdinB, Apr 10, 2022.

1. AjdinB Win User

Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting to update the he driver and then disabling/enabling it failed I decided to Uninstall and then Reinstall the device, this worker for a day until the issue again persisted.The touchpad had issues like this before but never this long or serious, and it’s with the same Code 10 issue. As well I am unable to update the driver

:)

AjdinB, Apr 10, 2022

2. touchpad not working 12c hid device cant start

need help my touchpad will not turn on. not listed i devices asus laptop driver issue 12c hid tried reinstalling natta

jeffreythedotard, Apr 10, 2022
  3. JWall22 Win User
    Touchpad not working, error code 10 in device manager

Original title: Touchpad

My touchpad does not work on my Inspiron 15 5000 Series. It used to work for a few days then it would not work for a few days. I reset windows to try to fix this but it did not. The touchpad is completely unresponsive and does not show up under the devices.
    On the device manager list though, it says that the 12c HID Device cannot start (code 10) and that it has returned an invalid HID descriptor. How do I fix this? Should I just call Microsoft or return it or what?

JWall22, Apr 10, 2022
  4. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

12C HID Device will not start (Code 10) A request for the HID descriptor failed. (Temporary solution!)

I've tried just about every fix on the internet to try and resolve this issue for a non-functioning touchpad. In Device Manager there is only an option for Mouse with no mention of Touchpad.

Anyone out there with a solution or is there some ugly secret?

Product:
    720-15IKB (Type 81AG) Laptop (ideapad)

Temporary solution: Went to Lenovo Support, used Lenovo Service Bridge to identify my model number, pressed 'Diagnostics' button, selected 'Operating System Diagnostics', selected 'Device', selected 'Device Diagnostic' which brings up a Microsoft troubleshoooter,
    clicked 'Next' on Hardware and Devices, which correctly identifies '12C HID Device has a driver problem' and applied the fix. Worked perfectly for 24 hours, then back to the same problem, touchpad unresponsive!

So I tried the same fix but this time the troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem.

Would anyone from Microsoft care to address this? Their OS works one day but not the next?

Irish Charlie, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

1. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device - Similar Threads - Touchpad Working 12C

2. REALME Slim Book Touchpad problem ???? 12C-HID Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REALME Slim Book Touchpad problem ???? 12C-HID Not Working: i have tried various youtube tutorials but none of them worked , sometimes it working later on it doesn't , from past one month it working fine but yesterday system get auto updated and its not working again.....
  3. REALME Slim Book Touchpad problem ???? 12C-HID Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REALME Slim Book Touchpad problem ???? 12C-HID Not Working: i have tried various youtube tutorials but none of them worked , sometimes it working later on it doesn't , from past one month it working fine but yesterday system get auto updated and its not working again.....
  4. 12C HID Device issue, again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12C HID Device issue, again.: Original: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-12c-hid-device/793d9099-6b1c-4e1f-b8fc-278ec8b13fd8So after 4 days of no issues, the same problem arose, even after downloading the correct stuff and restarting it the issue has returned at...
  5. 12C HID Device issue, again.

12C HID Device issue, again.: Original: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-12c-hid-device/793d9099-6b1c-4e1f-b8fc-278ec8b13fd8So after 4 days of no issues, the same problem arose, even after downloading the correct stuff and restarting it the issue has returned at...
  6. 12C HID Device issue, again.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  8. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  9. 12C HID Device Cannot Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12C HID Device Cannot Start: Hello! Recently, I have been struggling with my HP Pavilion x360. I had already fixed it once and my touch pad and mouse started functioning. However, recently my mouse has disappeared once again. I have already tried looking for new updates that might help in getting it to...
  10. 12C HID Device Cannot Start

12C HID Device Cannot Start: Hello! Recently, I have been struggling with my HP Pavilion x360. I had already fixed it once and my touch pad and mouse started functioning. However, recently my mouse has disappeared once again. I have already tried looking for new updates that might help in getting it to...